Is it Good Enough (For My Father)

Started by Mike Huntingford, December 10, 2020, 08:22:26 PM

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Ferryman on December 11, 2020, 07:54:49 AMIt is good enough Mike. It's sensitive and touching, a lovely gentle listen. So sorry for your loss.

Thank you Ferryman - I'm comforted by all of you enjoying the creation.  Your comments are appreciated.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Greeny on December 11, 2020, 08:01:58 AMWell, first of all I'm very sorry to hear that sad news. Life can be so cruel. Finding consolation in music seems like a good idea though. And this is a very poignant and thoughtful piece. Gives me so much of the same mellow vibe as Bob James' 'Taxi' theme, which I've always loved. Maybe it's the flute. It's really great though. That organ and acoustic guitar combo is superb. Beautiful work.

Hi Greeny,  I appreciate your kind words Sir.  I agree, the music really moved me cause at first I was having trouble reacting to my Dad's death as I just felt empty without any emotions.  The act of creating the song opened the dam.

Mike

Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Davidtheguy

Sorry to hear that Mike, the flute is very expressive and I'm sure your father will like this composition

TPB

A fitting tribute I am sure your dad would be proud my thoughts are with you
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

maxit

I'm very sorry ... the song is wonderful and touching ...
recorder
Audacity

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Davidtheguy on December 11, 2020, 07:30:45 PMSorry to hear that Mike, the flute is very expressive and I'm sure your father will like this composition

Thank you.  I try to choose instruments that sound real and I try to play them as realistic as possible (insofar as a keyboardist can).

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

jules metcalfe

This is a really beautiful piece of music.  Real expression and love.  Sorry for your loss man.
Love. J
recorder
Boss BR-532

pjd1

So Sorry for your loss you father would have loved this composition

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Mike_S

Sorry for your loss Mike - this is a sad time of year for many people. Like I mentioned on one of Hilary's recent posts, music can be incredibly powerful and can express our feelings in the most powerful way sometimes. This is a beautiful piece, it really soothed me listening. Sending positive vibes your way.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

kenny mac

I missed this post 1st time.
Im so sorry for your loss.
As musicians we tend to retreat back into our music zone and its there we express ourselves in our own way.
A lovely tribute to your father.