At the Arcade With Tim [instrumental, 1:46]

Started by WarpCanada, November 18, 2020, 10:34:01 AM

WarpCanada

At the Arcade with Tim
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The description on the track from when I posted it on Soundcloud:

Saturday, some time in the 1980s, in London Ontario Canada. An Arcade on Dundas Street, a Dairy Queen, and the London Public library, Chicken Noodle Soup, and Gummy Bears, and Best Friends. Coin up. Game on.

I made this song for my very dear friend celebrating the early days of long lasting friendship (we are still besties), which began when we were little boys.

[ This was originally posted on soundcloud but I'm posting it here because someone wanted to be able to download the track. ]
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Kody

The 80's vibe is strong with this one! Definitely brings me back to my childhood. Well done!

By the way, the company I work for has a division in Ancaster, ON...I've been researching the area extensively as an option to relocate. If it's anything like London was in the 80's, count me in!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ferryman_1957

A really nice soundscape with some great noises going on there. Reminded me of a chilled out Yellow Magic Orchestra (which is a good thing if you don't know them).

StephenM

yes, that was me...thanks...now I can loop it on my playlist and listen while I attempt to find nirvana while chasing endorphins...great sounds in here...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike Huntingford

Expecting Arnold the T1000 to pop out at any moment - had that 80's movie track feel.  I enjoyed very much.

BTW, I lived in St. Thomas Ontario during that time.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Redler

Fine job! This has nice retro vibe from the Eighties! Very dynamic recording and soundscape via phones...

Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Fun Jean-Michele Jarre vibe for me. Good stuff.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Mike_S

Cool sounds. You really captured the arcade vibe in here. For some reason it takes me to that Tron II movie (which I really like). Very well done. Would have loved slightly longer, even if only repeating more or less the 1st section as I was really into it as it ended.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

WarpCanada

I think I will do an EP or album length Synth project and use little bits like this as intermezzi.

The nice thing is that you can repeat the intermezzi (with changes later).

ie

[at the arcade with tim]

[uptempo major epic 8 minute track A]

[midtempo solid 4  minute track B]

[downtemp introspective ambient thing C with pianos, aiming at making you cry]

[something that makes you want to get up and fight demons and kill nazis]

[at the arcade with tim]

fin.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder