Older (Hilary)

Started by Hilary, November 13, 2020, 04:14:19 PM

Mike_S

Very nicely sung Hilary. You have a great delivery. But yes, love the words really nice and comforting for a lot of us here!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

WarpCanada

That was great!   I have always been jealous of anyone with a cool accent, especially any of the various accents native to England, and I have to say I just think your voice is wonderful.

I only bring it up, because sometimes it sounds like we lose a lot of the regional character of our way of speaking English, when we sing. I sound less like a Canadian when I sing, and Americans sound less American, and  people from say,  Wessex, or London, or Wales, sound less like where they are from when they sing, SOMETIMES, and then other times, it just comes through so beautifully.

In this case, part of the charm of the song for me comes from liking your voice quite a bit, and then another part of it comes from the song itself, which feels honest and good, and authentic.

Anyways the vocal delivery is only one part here, the lyrics are fantastic and are exactly the sort of thing that I would like to write, as in, they are both personal, and somehow, kind of universal. If that makes any sense. It could be about any of millions of people, and yet it also has that particular little twist that is NOT just anyone, it's specific.  The line about the earlobes is very specific, and the dad joke like feels like it could be every single dad ever, including this particular 50 year old father of four talking to you at the moment.

I think I'll share this one with my wife I think she'll like it a lot as well.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Hilary

Quote from: WarpCanada on November 20, 2020, 04:33:56 PMThe line about the earlobes is very specific . . .

It is very specific, about my husband, and I've been trying to work it into a song for absolutely ages  :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oh how true these lyrics are. A beautiful song beautifully sung.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800