Echoes of the South

Started by StephenM, November 09, 2020, 10:56:59 PM

StephenM

stephen-moore_echoes-of-the-south
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a short instrumental I did a little while back... Les Paul Epiphone with very distinct humbucker sound a bit like maybe the Allman Brothers in tone.... straight through the BR1600 guitar patches... I really think for a "band in the box" recording device it is quite exceptional, especially considering how old they are now.  Drums are my old Alesis Performance pads which actually sound quite good although at the time of this recording I was very green at using them...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Cool!  Dig southern rock!  Love to see this fully developed (and let me do your drum track....)  ::)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

Quote from: hardlock on November 09, 2020, 11:33:36 PMCool!  Dig southern rock!  Love to see this fully developed (and let me do your drum track....)  ::)

I have heard your drumming on a colab with funkyaxe and yes it is excellent... I may have to revisit this piece again... it is a favorite kind of sound...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

funkyaxe

Love this track. Your guitar tones are wonderful. Hope this gets expanded soon.

Ray Brookes

This is sounding great, Stephen and looking forward to hearing it developed. Lovely guitar tones and some cool playing.
Ray Brookes

pjd1

This has great feel and vibe to it , your guitar playing is brilliant on this track , "right in the pocket" with a great feel to it , i like the break you have put in to build the tension , and then back into the riff , great stuff , i hope you expand the idea and repost with the results , great stuff Ste

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

WarpCanada

I would never have guessed that those were COSM tones. Those guitar tones sound 100% authentic. It sounds to me like a very high quality microphone in front of a very good 4x12 cab, with some serious all tube head driving the whole thing.

I was reminded a bit of Neil Young, and a bit of early REM.  (Which are both guitar tones I like.)

Great.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Redler

Wow! I like that tone on rhythm guitar, it's so clear. Nice lead guitar additions, too!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

TPB

Being from south Mississippi this is right in my wheel house would be great to hear this expanded
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

A cool Southern Rocker! I agree with the other comments of expanding it.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?