Main Menu

Silver Moon

Started by Ray Brookes, October 12, 2020, 10:48:24 PM

Ray Brookes

silver moon
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I wanted to write a corny, cheesy 1940's style crooner kinda song and as soon as I had written it I realised I could not sing it. So I asked a friend of mine who lives in Ontario named Terry Wigmore who has the right crooner voice to help me out and I think he did a fine job. The horns, brass etc I arranged using East West QL virtual instruments. Always love trying something different.
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

Terry has done a cracking job with this sublime backer loved it. The instruments sound spot on what are you using? It's always been a fantasy of mine to do a Frank and sing with a big band, man, that must have been such a buzz. ......Again a cracking job on all the vocal the lyrics the music Bravo

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

Oh yes a beautiful collab you two - Terry's voice is sublime and so is the backer.

I used to sing with a big band so it takes me back :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

TPB

Well you picked the right Crooner to do this song vocals smooth as silk and the music is spot on to the style and period of music. Great collab well done to both of you smoking hot and smooth
Much respect Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

excellent song....no doubt....must be nice to be able to sing like that.... but hey not all the birds sound alike....the music is great too...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

pjd1

WOW Amazing vocal  Terry Wigmore , just impressive composition from the "get go" loved the chord sequence at the intro , just sounds so easy and cool , guitar break fabulous, sound and phrasing on the money, and so well played , virtuoso performance all round , i like something different as well , but this was a sonic masterpiece for the ears

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Frank53

Great work, Ray. Love the progression, and the arrangement, right down to the muted trumpets. Released a little of your inner Kenny Burrell on this one. Yes, you certainly picked the right vocalist for this. Nice work by both of you!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Farrell Jackson

Excellent Ray and you chose the prefect voice for this. Terry Wigmore has a quality crooner voice that is reminiscent of Johnny Mathis to my ears. I love those jazzy chords and the progression you've used. The orchestration is right on the money. The lead break and style are right out of the 1940's. Well done on something that was not easy to do!

Farrell 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

Really classy, I must admit I really have a liking for some of the old Jazz standards - which this sounds like! - as my Dad has played drums in bands that played this kind of stuff down through the years. Splendid... like travelling to a bygone golden era. Lovely stuff Ray... and Terry!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

mdhastings

Excellent post Ray! Really nailed the 40's vibe! Corny? Cheesy? screw that - this song is excellent

Vocals - 5 stars
Piano - 5 stars
Jazz Guitar - 5 stars
Arrangement - 5 stars
Mute Trumpets - 4.5 stars
the rest of the horns - meh (sorry. I have too much respect for you to BS you here. I didn't feel that they added to this song. The voicing and timbres didn't work for me. )
Jazz Bass - 5 stars
Overall arrangement - 4 stars (because of horns)

Looking forward to hearing more of your music.