Coming Back For More (Mach)

Started by Frank53, October 11, 2020, 02:34:28 PM

Frank53

coming_back_mst3_trim
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I have still been unable to contact Mach (Gary) in the last few months. I emailed him again a couple weeks ago, and have not had a response. Hoping all is well with him. I was going through his list of songs and saw that he had posted this one. He was kind enough to let me cover it a while ago, so I thought I would post my version.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

kenny mac

I tried emailing him as well a while back.
Last email he was having some health issues.
A great songcrafter,this is a cool cover mate.
He would like it.
Well done.

SE

Well done, hope your all well, an excellent  listen!
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

well now...where to start!  first off I love the backing vocals (remind me of "my beautiful, my beautiful balloon")(happier times, lighter times),  of course I really like your voice so the vocals are nice... and of course the music fits just perfect.... I think you have done a good thing here (I have not heard the orig so I am going just off this)....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Let's hope Mach's back soon excellent cover Frank

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

I don't know who Mach is but this a very nice song and you've covered it well, Frank. Lovely harmonies and a splendid mix. Great work; well done.
Ray Brookes

AndyR

Check Mach out, Ray (the original's here https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=10709), lovely stuff.

Love this version Frank. It's such a cool song, and you've done it proud.

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Frank53

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate it.
I will post if I hear from him.

Quote from: kenny mac on October 11, 2020, 03:41:16 PMI tried emailing him as well a while back.
Last email he was having some health issues.
A great songcrafter,this is a cool cover mate.
He would like it.
Well done.

Kenny, this was a few years ago, so he did hear it, and fortunately he did like it.   :)
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

mdhastings

What really struck me most about this song is the arrangement. It's real nice to hear a pop verse/chorus/bridge, but you took this even further with the break, and then back into the song. The Coda also worked really well.

If I may critique one thing it would be the percussion track on the Chorus. You had such a great build going into the Chorus, that it felt a little flat with the same percussion as the verse. I was expecting more of a "lift" than I got. If you can make the Chorus stand out more you'll have something really special here.

That said, very impressive all around. Great production, instrumentation, vocals. I'm looking forward to hearing more of your songs.

Farrell Jackson

A cool cover of Mach's song Frank! I hope Mach is ok as well. Excellent vocals throughout but the bridge vocals are a real standout for me as is the acapella section plus the ending. The lead guitar solo you added fits the song perfectly...well done buddy!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?