Inspired By Eddie

Started by bruno, October 11, 2020, 09:15:00 AM

bruno

Track 232 - EVH Inspired
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Love or hate Van Halen the band, Eddie really was THE man when it came to the guitar.
I remember listening to Van Halen 1 when it came out, and being totally blown away. Its hard to understand how alien the sound was, how unbelievable was the guitar playing - and how we all wanted to sound like Eddie.

So, I uhm'd and arr'd on whether to post this. This isn't a song. more of a jam - just me playing into the recorder with a smile on my face, remembering how I felt as a young guitar player inspired by Eddie....

It would be fun if others posted their inspired by Eddie :-)

EVH RIP

B.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

StephenM

gnarly....tribute.... freakin hot!  rock!  love it

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

fab playing !! i wasn't a guitarist the first time i heard him play but it still blew my mind...love it!!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

Cool Bruno...yeah I can hear the EVH influence in your lead jamming on this rocker. Now it sounds more common but had I heard this years ago it would have blown my mind...come to think of it .......it still blows my mind!

I have to admit that on the last Cuzin's song I just posted (She was his 2nd cousin) , I did some tribute EVH style tapping on a couple of the runs during my short guitar solo. I didn't mention it in the song info. but EVH was definitely the inspiration for what I chose to play there.

Nice tribute and a good one Bruno!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

came back for another listen and read through your comments better.... your playing here is fantastic... and the sounds are yes....very EVH....I loved Van Halen, the band(s), all versions (except the Cherone because i never heard them honestly).  I actually liked the SH version a little better live as time went on because Eddie could play alot of keyboards and they rocked the heck out of SH songs that they played.... having said that I saw Eddie in 79 and I was 15 feet off the stage just in front of him...my gosh, the world never heard anything like that before.... but as I got into playing i never tried to play anything he did or how he did because i felt like it was never going to happen....I like your tribute.... I am thinking you could do a pretty great cover of "Mean Street" kind of what I was hearing here....anyway, you post away because you hardly ever do....so thanks...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

Wow,youve got that brown sound down.
Amazing licks Bruno that guitar sounds awesome,but your playing is sick bro.
Great tribute.

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Pete C

Great palying Bruno - some tasty licks and guitar sounds going on there !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

I can't believe you that you've done this and you were in two minds whether or not to post it!

I have always known how talented you are Bruno and it's an absolute delight to see you on the board again!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

cuthbert

Great tribute, Bruno - that's some incredible playing! I listened to the first two Van Halen albums heavily when they first came out, courtesy of my cousin's record collection. Even though I hadn't even picked up a guitar yet, I knew there was something ground-breaking about his style - nobody else sounded like him back then.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase