Re: the owl and the pussy cat remix by Ray Brooks

Started by thetworegs, October 11, 2020, 08:20:46 AM

thetworegs

owl & the pussy cat
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A quick one with the piano as i cut my finger on a new knife ...lovely ...Thanks for listening
The owl and the Pussy cat

If I was a pussy cat
I'd sail of to sea
I'd try and find that place where I really want to be
I'd find a little island out there in the sea
I'd sit on my rock and watch the world just be
I'd watch all the waves come crashing into shore
Who could want
Who could want
Who could want anymore

If I had a dream i would sail sea
I'd find that special place where I would want to be
Yes where I would  really want to be

really  want to be
where I really  want to be

If I was a an owl
I'd sail of to sea
I'd try and find that special place where I  want to be
I'd find a little island out there in the sea
I'd sit on my rock and watch the world just be
I'd watch all the waves come crashing down the shore
Who could want
Who could want
Who could want anymore

If I had a dream i would sail of to sea
I'd find that special place where I would want to be
Yes i'd find that place where I would want to be
really  want to be
really  want to be
where I really want to be
where I really want to be

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

Hi Trev. Cute little song and the simple accompaniment works fine to compliment your great vocal. Have you considered developing this into a full production number? I dunno, maybe that would take something away from the song instead of adding to it. Just a thought.
Ray Brookes

AndyR

Loved it on AT, love it here.
I wondered about "big production" too - the vocal here would handle it, even suggests it to me...
Except, I've just been through something similar - acoustic thing, vocal was fine, but it suggested full band, so I recorded full band, vocal still fine, but would not mix very well... so had to redo vocal - loads better now, but lost some nice things that were in the original...
It could easily end up being a lot of work, and a possible "on no?!!?!" trade off later.

Bad luck on the knife thing... Happens to me every know and then, most recent one wasn't much to shout about, no actual blood, didn't really stop guitar the next day - but garlic got into when it happened... OWWWWW! ;D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

StephenM

hmmmm.... thats different, even for you...because you have no box...no boundaries... proof yet again...yeah, sometimes i like to sit and watch the world go by....hope your hands healing...hasnt slowed you down

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Hey Trev - Looks like another winner for that rock opera I thought you should make. What a voice and the simplicity of the arrangement holds solid by itself. 

Maybe could try some light background string pads fading in and out in places that might add to the fine emotional feel you have going but it's great as is!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

thetworegs

final mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Wow!! Ray has done a cracking job on this....he has made a silk purse from my pigs ear attempt at the piano, the instrumentation is perfect for the song and the productionis also  i'm sure you'll agree I love it Thanks Ray

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

StephenM

smashing rendition.... this is like the difference between Bruce Springsteens "blinded by the light" and then Manfred Mann redid it.... Ray did a superb job... you sound fantastic.... I could hear a tint of "Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom" being whispered off in the left or right ear.....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

Trevor, I've listened to both versions and I'll start by saying a good song is just a good song no matter what the recording or production quality is. But, Ray has done a beautiful job of moving this song to it's full potential. Well done on that Ray! Trevor you've written a classy and classic song here...you know I hear hints of Freddy Mercury in your vocal at times.....in fact with some added Queen like harmonies and backing vocals, it would fit well on one of their albums. I'm impressed!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Frank53

I love witnessing the development of a song - from the original demo, to the final production. Yes, they both work. It's that kind of song. Trevor, you can take a simple idea, and make it so rngaging. Ray, you have a vision, and bring it to reality. Well done, guys.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.