Let Me Take You

Started by Ray Brookes, October 04, 2020, 02:52:36 PM

Hilary

No surprises here but I absolutely love this one - right from the off with the acoustic guitar and the understated vocal, the details in the lyrics it's not just a windy cliff but a windy cliff with artists, not any old artists painting the landscape but amateur artists! Then just when you think it can't get any better the solo comes in - and everything is recorded and mixed so perfectly - bravo!!

I thought when you wanted to warm it up you boosted the bass . . . I've learnt nothing!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Farrell Jackson

I dig the overall spatial vibe of the song Ray. Everything sits perfectly in the mix. Your vocal, acoustic guitar playing, tone and effects are just gorgeous. The lyrics are well written and convey a loving relationship. Well done Ray....you are a star!

Farrell 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Frank53

Beautiful song Ray. Great visual lyrics, and mesmerizing music. The mood of the music and certain lyrical references, makes me think there is more to this that just what is on the surface. Something different about her. I'll leave it at that. Wonderful work.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.