"What I do With My Time" (Instrumental Festival)

Started by Mike Huntingford, October 02, 2020, 10:59:33 PM

Mike Huntingford

what I do with my time (reallysmall version)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
InstrumentalFest (banner image missing)

I am uploading a lower fidelity version here due to the upload restriction.  But I will include a link to a much higher fidelity version in remarks below.

Experimenting with sound production in this tune, so I hope you like it - I think you'll find it will make you smile.

Feedback on mix is appreciated.

Mike

https://www.reverbnation.com/mikehuntingford/song/32160323-what-i-do-with-my-time
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

hardlock

Very nice song!  Great production as I hear it. Tight, clean and smooth.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

thetworegs

Excellent production perfect for waking up too on this rainy morning

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: hardlock on October 02, 2020, 11:49:06 PMVery nice song!  Great production as I hear it. Tight, clean and smooth.

Thank you - I acknowledge that it is a long one... but it is a sonic trip that I could stop playing.  Glad you like it.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

chapperz66

Mix sounds cool to me.  Tight clean and smooth as hardlock says.  Very suitable for production or relaxation music - which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned and quite marketable.  Otherwise - if you want me to be frank - getting on for 7 minutes is maybe a bit strong.  Nevertheless this is a beautifully produced, quality piece of music.  The snare sound is great.  I do love a good snare.

Very impressive.

Paul

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: chapperz66 on October 03, 2020, 11:55:01 AMMix sounds cool to me.  Tight clean and smooth as hardlock says.  Very suitable for production or relaxation music - which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned and quite marketable.  Otherwise - if you want me to be frank - getting on for 7 minutes is maybe a bit strong.  Nevertheless this is a beautifully produced, quality piece of music.  The snare sound is great.  I do love a good snare.

Very impressive.

Paul

Yep snare's a real mood setter and environmental perfect groove producer IMHO (had to play with it a bit to be not too over done).  Glad you liked it.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: thetworegs on October 03, 2020, 02:38:44 AMExcellent production perfect for waking up too on this rainy morning

Ah yes... that is what I am going for....

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

pjd1

Excellent music and composition , tights as a ducks bum !! so well put together and those chord changes are unreal , love it , you have put a lot of thought into this music , acoustic guitar sounds incredible , sweet stuff , the Mix on my set up is perfect , great stuff Mike

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Ray Brookes

Just beautiful and so relaxing; the perfect way to start an early morning. The production/instrumentation is first class and I love that underlying riff on the guitar. Lovely flute sound too and a great spacious mix.
Ray Brookes

Mike_S

Very nice Mike as ever. Yes definitely a mood setter this. It's funny the snare was mentioned in a previous comment as I was going to say I would tweak the sound of it a bit. Give it a bit more of the higher frequencies and knock out some of the low... give it more of a crack to it. I am no whizz on production though so take that into account... and I am listening on an average pair of headphones! Apart from that production sounds great... the whole soundscape comes across beautiifully.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand