Rock and Roll Rebel

Started by StephenM, September 25, 2020, 12:56:19 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Rock and Roll Rebel - mix 9-10-9-Medium-Balanced
Time:
0:00
Volume:
2 Rhythm Guitar tracks using my Les Paul and BossMe-25 pedal board on a edge sound.  1 Lead guitar track using a heavier sound and near the speaker output for more sustain and a little feedback.  Epiphone bass using the ME-25 on a clean sound (I need to get a bass pedal), Alesis Drums played with sticks (I'M a wannabe but it is a blast), Vocals using my Sennheiser e835 dynamic mic (I like it so much more than than my condenser mics).  A little attitude, BR1600 in tandem (would not have needed this time), mixed on the BR and mastered on LANDR and i really like this very much... strong and powerful master.
I started playing this little rhythm and it took me a bit to get it as simple as it is.  So I record it so I don't forget it.  Then I got a drum track that worked with it and recorded 4 min of that to play with to keep me in synch.  Then I recorded the rhythm guitar parts about 50 times (ha).  Then i did bass and I played that about 20 times until i had something i liked.  Then I wrote words and went to bed.  The next day when I came back I wrote completely different words then i sang them with an idea in mind that of course i could not get to but I liked it well enough so this is it and 1 backing track (and that only took me 1 take).  The hard part with the lead vox for me was getting exactly when to come in at each spot.  Then I went back and played the drums about 20 times.  Worked on lead guitar.  Then mixed.  The very start has a 6 sec delay with a kind of noise in it... generally I would get rid of it but I decided to keep it...just because.
I think a person that does mixing and has to be ok with listening to the same song over and over which I am because that is what I do anyway. 
And yes, I have a little bit of this attitude in me expressed in the song.  I kind of get tired of every single cashier asking me if I would like to donate to, round up to, help this, help that.... I am a very generous person and I have my things i am involved in.  Generally they are in person up close.  But this song is really just a rock and roll song...and that is what i try to do...just trying to be me!  Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Good old rocker with attitude, Stephen and cool guitar work. I know exactly what you mean by people asking for donations to just about every worthy cause imaginable - gets on one's nerves after a while, especially the TV begging ads. I like the lyrics to this song too BTW - they express what we all feel some times. Great job; well done.
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

You are a Rock ad Roll Rebel Stephen! Cool crunch on the rhythm guitars. You did way better than I could ever do at playing the drums....I'm impressed. The lyrics are saying what a lot of people think. Good vocals and lead guitar. It's cool that you've used Landr on the mastering. It's been my automatic go to finish for my songs for about 2 years now. Nice work!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

T.C. Elliott

I like the cool, rocking guitars. And the bassline keeps the the song driving forward. This is a fun one.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Hilary

A cool song Stephen - drives along nicely with a bit of an edge.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

thetworegs

an excellent laid back rocker....you rebel you!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Frank53

Good rocker, Stephen! Guitar tones are perfect, and well played. Drums sound fine. Just takes a little practice. Nice work.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Hook

One man band at its best brother. Love that scorching guitar solo o take out a great rocker.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

A real good rocker, Stephen! Amazing performance! I noticed my toe is tapping on the floor, again :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

mdhastings

Good solid Rock n Roll the way it was meant to be played.