Don't Take Life Slow

Started by Farrell Jackson, September 23, 2020, 05:59:19 PM

Farrell Jackson

LANDR 8 trk Don't Take Life Slow 192k
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I started this song with a little three chord idea and it grew from there. I have 1 lead vocal track and 4 harmony tracks all done with a Neumann TLM 103 mic. The lead gtr solo and electric rhythm are on my '74 Telecaster Thinline into a mic'ed Laney tube amp. The beginning acoustic is a A/E Ibanez plugged direct. The other rhythm acoustic guitar (2 tracks) is a mic'ed Takamine acoustic guitar. The Gibson EBO bass is plugged direct. The cowbell is a setting on my Zoom drums played with my drum stick finger. The drums are a Zoom drum machine and I played the tambourine. Mastered by LANDR. This song is all me.
Don't Take Life Slow
(V1) Some people need to play it safe, doing the same day upon day.
But as of late it seems like a waste, to set the course at an even pace
(chr) Whoa whoa don't take life slow, hey-ee hey down life's highway
Yowie yow the time is now, Ooo ooo for something new
(V2) The color of beige is such a bore, the same old scene looking out the same door
You're living to work try working to live, there's fun to be had and parties to give
Yowie yow the time is now, Ooo ooo for something new
(Brdg) Don't fall in the trap, just take a step back...and see
With one big jump, you're out of the slump....and free
(solo break)
Yowie yow the time is now, Ooo ooo for something new...........

Farrell Jackson © 09-19-20

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

WOW! I don't quite know where to begin. So many great things happening with this song - the guitar work, that stellar bass, and the vocal harmonies that remind me of the Doobie Bros. no less.

On top of all that the lyrics and the message is very well thought out - love that line - 'The colour of beige is such a bore' Everything so tastefully mixed with every instrument & vocal in their own space. This is a great job, Farrell - well done.
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

Loving those harmonies ....great vocal on an uplifting song ....just what's needed this rainy morning in Yorkshire .....great production loved it ....you have my young son Jacobs approval he's come down stars dancing to it while getting ready for school All smiles here ????????????

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

hardlock

Once in awhile one hears the "perfect song". This one checks all the boxes for me. Love it!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

I especially love the chorus vocals and bridge vocals..  kind of the anti covid song... yes, the bass work and sound is grand!  I like listening to these over and over.... but now I got it... LANDR is Farrell... wouldn't mind hearing a bit more about this. 
The lead has a little feel to me like an Allmans... or perhaps an Almond Joy because it has that wonderful happy sound. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

LANDR is an online, cloud-based, automated mastering service developed by MixGenius in Montreal, QC. It allows for the upload of audio tracks in various formats which are then instantly digitally mastered using artificial intelligence algorithms. Free and paid services are offered

Always wanted to try it just never got around to it but listening to your mixes might have to give it a whirl
The song is outstanding everything in it's place instruments vocals
Bravo brother
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

j.g.

Quote from: hardlock on September 24, 2020, 02:39:26 AMOnce in awhile one hears the "perfect song". This one checks all the boxes for me. Love it!

I can only repeat what Hardlock says. I love this - it is a stand out track from start to finish.

pjd1

My God those guitars sounds so good , your vocals are bloody stunning , its just an incredible song and perfectly recorded in every way , jaw dropping guitar work Farrell , the composition is out of this world and the way you have put it together is on another level to say the least , the standard you set is second to none and you deserve the praise of you will receive on here

Out the Park and into the River !!

Brilliant

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Johnbee

I'm hearing a George Harrison type of vibe, especially in the vocal work.  Everything fits well here.  Nicely done.  Cheery!

:) John B