Main Menu

Night Jamz

Started by joseph, May 29, 2009, 02:16:55 AM

Facemask93

So nice and relaxing , mood music , longer please.

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

joseph

Thanks everybody, I'd have fleshed it out last night but I only had so much time to play and I wanted to get it down before the creativity left me. I definitely plan on lengthening it and adding some more guitar parts to it over the next few days.

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on May 29, 2009, 03:38:38 AMYup, too short. Very nice, you share a similar approach to your guitar work as Indierik, clever intertwining lines with no specific one being a "lead". Creates a lovely aural landscape.

Well, I can't speak for indierik but I know we share some influences, and as for me, I never took lessons beyond a couple basic guitar classes in middle and high school where I learned chords. Beyond that I'm entirely self taught, I have been noodling around on and off for the past 8 or so years.

Never so much as these days, though, thanks to my MBR!

Quote from: Geir on May 29, 2009, 09:23:25 AMVery nice !! Would also like it longer ... maybe extended into variations on the same theme ...

btw what guitars where used ?... love sound

I just have the one guitar, it's a Samick Malibu electric that I've had for about 4 years. As for the effects, I simply tweaked the SuperCln preset (P01, the default effect when you start a new song) a little bit to my liking and adjusted the reverb and panning as desired for the 4 tracks of guitar.

I tried something a little different for track one, which is that instead of strumming or plucking the chords, I drummed on the strings near the bridge creating a nice rhythm effect with the delay. Then for track two I plucked the same chords with my fingers.

I'm going to work on this some more, and I'll post a longer version soon. Thanks again everyone! :D
http://unstableau.tumblr.com - my blog: music, writings, doodles, etc

AndyR

That's really tasty - and like everyone else... MORE!

I'll be interested to see how you extend it :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1