Scooped mid "Dipper"

Started by Sprocket, May 28, 2009, 11:13:51 PM

Davo

Sprocket Ive found the BR likes hotter guitar signals in general.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

H.E.L.Shane

Quote from: Davo on June 30, 2009, 01:33:18 AMSprocket Ive found the BR likes hotter guitar signals in general.

I agree..  turning up the sens on a weak pickup seems to make the tone too brittle...

however, turning down the sense on a hot pickup to get teh "over" to stop blinking has much less of an effect ont he tone...

I've found that the thing likes EMG's, and loves Rio Grande BBQ buckers!  

And it absolutely hates the stock pups in the mexi strat i was using last night!
wherever you go...... there you are!!

Sprocket

Quote from: H.E.L.Shane on October 19, 2009, 11:47:25 AM
Quote from: Davo on June 30, 2009, 01:33:18 AMSprocket Ive found the BR likes hotter guitar signals in general.

I agree..  turning up the sens on a weak pickup seems to make the tone too brittle...

however, turning down the sense on a hot pickup to get teh "over" to stop blinking has much less of an effect ont he tone...

I've found that the thing likes EMG's, and loves Rio Grande BBQ buckers!  

And it absolutely hates the stock pups in the mexi strat i was using last night!

Ive found that "brittle" tone is attributed to too much treble in the tone stack...it kinda gives a tone not unlike action thats set too low. I hear a kind of (not so desirable)overdriven tone when ever ONE of the tone stack is too high.
Next time try adjusting the treble till the brittleness is gone.