Scooped mid "Dipper"

Started by Sprocket, May 28, 2009, 11:13:51 PM

Sprocket

I own 3 Strats and one Tele, so my patches are usually good for either, but are set up on a Strat...YMMV with an LP.
This tone will be really good for songs like "The Wind Cries Mary" or "Yellow Ledbetter"...and probably some John Mayer type stuff.

This patch is going to require some attenuation at the input stage, so set your SNS at -10 and add a lil Reverb while youre there, I like it at +2.

Patch: GT>U03 "METAL" replaced and renamed "Dipper"

Song: SONG0000
Folder: SONG0000.BR0
Algorithm: COSM GTR AMP

Preamp: MS(1)(Marshall)
  Volume: 72
  Bass: 55
  Middle: 34
  Treble: 60
  Presence: 60
  Master: 100

Speaker Sim: MS STK(I didnt tweak any of these, you might though)
  Mic Set: 5 cm (Im beggining to like this between center and 3cm)
  Mic Level: 100 (and liking this bout 90)
  Dir Level: 0  (sometimes a lil is good here, bout 10)

Noise Suppressor: OFF(sounds more tube like)
  Threshold: 00
  Release: 00

FX: Off

Delay: Single
  Tap: if you want a really cool, mellow stereo delay slap back.
  Dly Time: 140ms
  Effect Level: 15

The Reverend 48

I've added the patch and it seems quite dirty is that right or have I cocked up?

Sprocket

Quote from: Sprocket on May 28, 2009, 11:13:51 PMThis patch is going to require some attenuation at the input stage, so set your SNS at -10 and add a lil Reverb while youre there, I like it at +2.

This is the only thing I can think of that you might have missed.

You might also roll off just a tad of guitar volume...inbetween 8-9 is sweetness.

64Guitars

Quote from: 48 on May 29, 2009, 08:59:53 AMI've added the patch and it seems quite dirty is that right or have I cocked up?

The Micro BR does not have a GAIN setting like the BR-600 and other BRs. So, if you're using this patch on your BR-600, try setting the GAIN to LOW. You could also try reducing the VOLUME setting in the Preamp effect.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Sprocket

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 29, 2009, 10:50:03 AM
Quote from: 48 on May 29, 2009, 08:59:53 AMI've added the patch and it seems quite dirty is that right or have I cocked up?

The Micro BR does not have a GAIN setting like the BR-600 and other BRs. So, if you're using this patch on your BR-600, try setting the GAIN to LOW. You could also try reducing the VOLUME setting in the Preamp effect.

If you lower the volume of either the preamp or amp volume...youre gonna lose this models "tone".
Is there anyway of getting attenuation on the other BR units...cause the attenuation is really the "effect" here...the idea is that youre cranking the amp wide open and attenuating to lose the excess heat and volume. I do this by adjusting the "SNS" in the input side of it all...but it would probably work best on the other end(output side) if there was a way to attenuate after the amp, like in the speaker sims...but I didnt see any kind of other option than the input "SNS"(sensitivity).

Is it me or the GT Preset on Micro br is really weak and lacking...

cant play any Pantera or Metallica songs using that setting..
Somebody  please post something more HARDCORE...

Davo

Cool tip, thanks.

Ive got some 54 pups in my strat, it should sound great with these settings.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sprocket

Eh, good luck with this patch of mine...I havent been too thrilled with it lately...Ive gotta do something with it.
I actually prefer my "Texas Screamer" or "Fendery" which are also posted in this same sub forum.

Sprocket

Quote from: yxyxyxy on June 25, 2009, 01:04:27 AMIs it me or the GT Preset on Micro br is really weak and lacking...

cant play any Pantera or Metallica songs using that setting..
Somebody  please post something more HARDCORE...

Im not 100% certain what you mean bout the "GT Preset" being weak and lacking?
And Im sorry, you wont likely get alot of new Metal sounds out of me...now 80's metal to early Metallica, yes...in due time. But Ive kinda gotta have a need for a patch before Im able to create one.

Sprocket

So I got some use out of this patch this weekend with my Powerhouse Strat(with 25db boost) with the sensitivity at zero, rolled back off the guitar volume to bout 7 and then dialed in some gain...this got me that sweet scooped mid sound, all treble and lows.
This might not mean much to you, but with 3 strats Im finding this patch responds best with pickups on the hotter end than neutral or cold.
But I think the key is to roll off some volume or sensitivity to attenuate or clean up the excess break up.
Hope this helps.