Hello...I am new on here but here is a song

Started by StephenM, August 20, 2020, 12:20:19 AM

tonyc

great tune loved it the sound is great , i use a 16 track zoom , and master on the laptop , youv'e got a great sound there superb ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

pjd1

Energy OZZES from the start , you have a superb feel to your guitar playing , drums bass and backing guitar are as tight as a Feck , its Friday i hope you have a "frantic one"

Great stuff

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

StephenM

Quote from: AndyR on August 21, 2020, 02:02:21 AMWooo! Welcome :)

A fellow BR1600 user!
This doesn't sound like the BR1600 drums, I think... do you use them?

Anyways, rocking tune, mighty cool guitar playing, nice one.

Looking forward to hearing more.

They are from my Alesis electronic drums... I play them but they are electronic...and I am working really hard to get better because I have nothing against programmed drums...they are fantastic...I didn't feel like I could spend the time learning that....So I am making myself practice because I love banging on things anyway... but this song was fast and I do use a metronome to try and stay in synch but as you can hear I get a bit off in spots.... but I am now learning how to create my own drum kits so that is cool... I am work here and my firewall is keeping me from getting to your music from your link... this weekend at home I plan to get some downloads and listening done...right now I am digging my songcrafter downloads running on the treadmill and driving around...really fun and good stuff....so I am looking forward to yours...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: tonyc on August 21, 2020, 11:52:53 AMgreat tune loved it the sound is great , i use a 16 track zoom , and master on the laptop , youv'e got a great sound there superb ....cheers tony cee
I wanted to ask you about your zoom...I saw that on one of your posts and looked it up...kind of looks like an older version of what I have except it records to a hard drive like my boss.... I bet it works alot the same and I really thought your master came out sounding great...I think it was the song about dancing all night and hanging with your lover and drinking and just enjoying life....I thought that mix was really good....and big..  I like big masters...so that kind of gave me hope that I can do better with my Zoom... I've been timid because it seems to go into distortion if you drive it hard...Do you use any of the mastering tools on their?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Quote from: pjd1 on August 21, 2020, 12:37:59 PMEnergy OZZES from the start , you have a superb feel to your guitar playing , drums bass and backing guitar are as tight as a Feck , its Friday i hope you have a "frantic one"

Great stuff

Dunny
thank you for that....I am a work in progress...but at nearly 61 I sometimes hope you can teach an old dog new tricks....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Ferryman_1957

Really enjoyed this, I'm afraid you don't live up to the mediocrity part of your tag.... ;) Although the lead is nice, I  particularly liked the rhythm playing. Extremely energetic, sharp and with some very interesting chord changes. Really drives the whole song along at a frantic pace. As an ex-punk I love that kind of rhythm playing!

Interesting about the drums. I used to use an Alesis drum pad set but I replaced them with a Sdrum pedal (worth checking out). However, you are doing a good job here, although they could be a bit higher in the mix.

Farrell Jackson

A cool rockin' instrumental with lots of drive and energy. Love the lead and rhythm guitars. Welcome to the site!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

StephenM

Quote from: Ferryman on August 22, 2020, 08:58:53 AMReally enjoyed this, I'm afraid you don't live up to the mediocrity part of your tag.... ;) Although the lead is nice, I  particularly liked the rhythm playing. Extremely energetic, sharp and with some very interesting chord changes. Really drives the whole song along at a frantic pace. As an ex-punk I love that kind of rhythm playing!

Interesting about the drums. I used to use an Alesis drum pad set but I replaced them with a Sdrum pedal (worth checking out). However, you are doing a good job here, although they could be a bit higher in the mix.

May I call you Nigel?  Well sir, thank you... the drums i totally arrived at the same conclusion as you before i read the reply here and I did a remix, actually, I wasn't totally satisfied with my playing so I did a replay and remix... i think its better a the drums are bigger on it.... truth is I have always banged on things...once when I was a kid my teacher made me and two others stay after school and bang on our desks for 45 minutes...I guess he though we would quit and while we did get the point I never did stop banging on things.... I never had a drum set though... I am thinking of getting one...wife says, not a good idea...lol...my problem is even though I have played guitar and bass for a long time I like all the instuments...ha.... I don't know if I ever liked punk rock but they said the offspring was punk and I liked that...but I did like bowie on stuff like suffrajet city.... you are from germany? 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Quote from: Hilary on August 21, 2020, 02:18:13 AM
Quote from: AndyR on August 21, 2020, 02:02:21 AMWooo! Welcome :)

Crikey you sound like you know what you are doing and I'm sure you are going to love it here. Nice bio on Reverbnation too!

You can hear the passion for your music - I look forward to hearing more from you.

thanks... and I am listening to you too!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24