I Can't Quit You Babe (COVER-Willie Dixon song) collab by thetworegs & hardlock

Started by hardlock, August 16, 2020, 03:52:19 PM

hardlock

Can't Quit You Babe Final Mix (112)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Long time coming but (hopefully) well worth the wait.  You know when a song is good when it grows on you?  On the other-hand, you know when you work so hard on a song you can't stand it anymore?  Well, even at 8 min+ I never lost interest! It just kept growing on me.

I had a lot of trouble with some timing flubs trying to adjust all the parts to the accelerando and ritardando tempo changes of Trevor's fine free-flowing "singer song-writer" style cover of a Willie Dixon piece found here:

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=29814

It's so much different than editing to a click track..... Specially being a drummer!

I finally managed to sync it all up fairly well I think with lots of slicing and dicing!  Still learning so constructive comments always welcome!

Cheers!

Ken

PS: had to upload mp3 at 112 bps so keep an open mind.... ???

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Frank53

Sounds great, guys. I missed the original post. I checked it out, and there are some excellent and tasteful additions. A very live take. Nice work.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Redler

A great song! I like how this grows from the start to the end. Everything works here...

I enjoyed each minute...amazing job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

thetworegs

You have done one hell of a job on this Ken I could believe how you had put so much instrumentation into the track ... thank you o but I should have put in my collaboration post that it was a regged up Willie Dixon number sorry for the confusion So could admin put it over in covers cheers

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

AndyR

I wondered about the original/cover thing when I saw the title.... but anyways, I listened while it's still here in originals....

WHOA! Man, the work Ken's done on it ... WOW!!

I heard the raw version over on alonetone and loved it.

This knocks it out of the park... wow

Well done guys.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Greeny

Dripping with blues and coolness. The additions are very classy - beautifully underpinning that magnificent vocal. The slow build is so well handled and crafted. Fantastic collaboration fellas!

Mike_S

Yes lads, this is a great take on this old tune. You have made it your own with a lovely new fresh feel. I am only familiar with the Zep version and this is a million miles away from that. You guys sound so chilled and enjoying putting this down. Awesome.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Wow guys, great work! I hadn't heard Trev's stripped down version (which is great btw) but this collab is superb. Brilliant additions from Ken that give it a whole new depth without losing the immediacy and emotion of Trev's original. Drums and guitar additions work really well and I know that must have been tough Ken, very well done indeed. Definitely worth all the effort, thumbs up all round from me.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Finally got to listen to this (for reasons explained on my colab version) and it was really worth the wait.  You have done a remarkable job and the way you handled the tempo changes brings the piece alive.

Bloody marvelous!

ps - those reg blokes can't half sing, can't they?

StephenM

I missed this the first time around and hearing Paul's version along with Trev, reading the comments made me realize I had missed this...and so since I haven't heard much from Ken these days I thought I would like to hear this and bump it....sounds great....very laid back...very soulful...Trev normally posts at least a few songs a week...so it's good to hear his voice back on the SC airwaves...
the guitar work is especially noteworthy in my book...along with the vocals...but the music track sounds great

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner