She's Beautiful

Started by Flash Harry, August 14, 2020, 05:08:56 PM

Flash Harry

She's Beautiful
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is from a few weeks ago when Tim had just got his wonderfully jangly 12 string electric.

It didn't get posted, James didn't like the Roger Whitaker Mix. Personally I think it's OK. I have the files so I'm posting it.

James will have the words somewhere no doubt.

She's just having fun
Taking the piss out of everyone
But that's okay
Because she's beautiful
She's beautiful
She can sing the birds down from the trees
She's beautiful
Can make grown men fall to their knees
She's beautiful to me

And I don't know
Just how she just comes
And how she goes
But there she is
Standing straight in front of me
She's beautiful
She can sing the birds down from the tree
She's beautiful
She's beautiful to me

And when she laughs
It makes the world a better place
And when she smiles
Her happiness it radiates
She's beautiful
She can sing the birds down from the trees
She's beautiful
She's beautiful to me
She's beautiful to me
She's beautiful to me
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

hardlock

Glad you posted it. Nice song all around.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ferryman_1957

Gosh, you guys are mellowing in your old age. This is a bit different to "Filthy Animal"........ ;) :D

This is a really nice straight up love song. I'm maybe getting a Babybird vibe.... Jim's vocals are the star for me here, lovely performance and great breath control. Nice lyrics, just a little bit of an edge to them to stop them being too obvious. They really come across well in the mix. The combo of 12 string and keys work really well, and it's a very well constructed song. But I think your monitors are too bass heavy Mike, because the bass does get a bit lost for me and I can only really make it out in the quiet parts.

Now on to Roger Whittaker..... I'm not a huge fan of whistling but I think it works well in the first part of the song (over the intro). It can get a bit lost when there's more going on, maybe you could double it with a synth in the louder parts to just emphasize the hooky melody. Your call....

This is a really enjoyable song that made me smile this morning. 

Frank53

Well crafted pop song. Melody, music, lyrics, all of it. Great performance and recording. Really nice work.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

kenny mac

Excellent guys, its got a vibe to me like the band,the  church.
Catchy and poppy.
Well done.

Mike_S

I'll tell you what's beautiful... this bloody track that's what. I think like everyone I am partial to a little pop music, but quality pop music which this is. For some reason the band The Sunday's came to mind... maybe just that slightly ethereal edge that spices it up. Nice one guys.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

She's Beautiful
Time:
0:00
Volume:
BoskoSchwartzitis kicks in - thanks Nigel..

I'm not sure if this is done.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Redler

This is catchy song on even first listening! Brit pop at its best. I like the whisling parts a lot, it gives better flavor than if it had been done for example on keys...it just works.

The bass track is so good and the lead guitar additions hits the target perfectly! Top class job with vocals and lyric, too. I'm whistling this all the day :)

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

Loving the updated version. The combo of whistling and keys for the melody works really well IMO, I'm getting clearer bass and also the choruses seem to have an extra "lift".

This song is beautiful, definitely your summer number one! You are the new Mungo Jerry....... ;) ;D

AndyR

Just listened to both... didn't realise there was an update until I'd almost finished the first version.

I was about to say - "cool, like it, agree with Ferryman, etc, etc..."

But the updated version is WOAH, another level entirely.

It's all the same stuff, but it just grabs you and goes "yessss"

Love it.

I'd be happy if this was "done"
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone