Eight Bells - a chapperz original

Started by chapperz66, June 28, 2020, 09:09:04 AM

Redler

A brilliant composition and everything has put well together! This sounds amazing via phones. Really professional stuff, not pretentious at all...

Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Wot no guitars?! You gotta be ki... hang on... this is REALLY cool  :D

Yeah, like it a lot.

I've moved my musical operation almost completely free of computer (backups and audacity to convert to mp3, that's it). So as far as I'm aware, this avenue is not really open to me at the moment.

But I can hear and understand what you're doing and I'm thinking, wow... that sounds fun.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

cuthbert

Tons of atmosphere here, and you've got the chops and the vision to pull off an orchestral piece like this. I loved it!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

kenny mac

I thought I had commented on this.
You really have painted that picture of the sea with
this piece.
Excellent stuff.

Oldrottenhead

you say pretentious I say tres braw.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

Loving it I'm sure I felt the sea breeze On my face  ...hold on ! some one left the back door open ????

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

danthecoat

WOW!!! what have i been missing here... This is superb I would never say pretentious the word i would use wouldbe WONDERFUL

WHERE IS THAT HEART EMOJI :)

chapperz66

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  I'm  very pleased with the way this has turned out and, if I'm honest, I have quite surprised myself.  I guess I thought it might be a bit  pretentious because I still consider myself to be an old rock guitarist.   I am really enjoying the orchestral samples so expect a few more like this.

Paul

Gu Djin

Nicely put together  not at all pretentious to my ears  I enjoyed the listen. 

The only thing I might suggest is to add a bit more variation in levels or instrumentation to keep the interest all the way through.  The occasional silence keeps the anticipation for the next section.

But, I like it a lot.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Pipes

Hi Paul, Your tunes always sound fresh, inventive and impressive.

Keep up the creativity man...Nice