Started by Mike_S, June 21, 2020, 12:10:29 PM

Mike_S

Divided We Stand
Time:
0:00
Volume:
CollabFest2 (banner image missing)

Collab Fest 2

Kari sent me a track he had been working on... it was an atmospheric real moody piece. I thought it might suit some slide guitar (I've been playing a good bit of slide recently). Kari's track sounded to me like it had a lot of feeling ready to explode beneath the surface... so I thought it might tie in with the current strange landscape...

Anyway here it is...

Led by a man who lost his mind
An execution order is what he signed

Without a warning, without a sign
Now it's just the blind leading the blind

Some call it land of the free
It depends on who is writing history

The fifth ammendment there to keep you safe
Just keeps a lot of people in their place

—————————

All we wanted was a sign of hope
And all he did was toss us a rope

And all of the progress was gone with a bang
The rest of us can all go hang

Now their open for business, people dying on the streets
And things are ok if you believe all the tweets

Dirty dealing it served him so well
It made a lot of money but left one hell of a smell
recorder
iPad GarageBand

danthecoat

This is great so tense and moody. It s really U2 bonoesque for me and i was justwaiting for it to peak.............

Great lyrics i really liked them and lovely atmospheric music really brought them alive. Its great as a stand alone piece but would really lift a nice raw bluesy rock song off lovely !!

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

I had this on my PC for a while and I didn't know what to do with it. Then Mike recorded his version of "ethereal song" on the collab board and I liked about his version and two weeks ago decided to ask him could he do something with my backer. A real worth of awaiting when I heard his additions - I can hear a bit Dave Gilmour vibe on this - I'm a big Pink Floyd fan...Thanks Mike!

Kari's backer recorded on Micro BR and BR-80, mixed on Audacity
Darabuga drum (intro/outro)
Several tracks of Yamaha Keys
Wahwah guitar on Fender Telecaster
Martin acoustic guitar
Harley Benton bass
Alesis lite e-drums
Backing vox humming by Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Oh yes. Love the creeping dread and atmosphere of this. It's like a Native American trance with those pounding drums and chanting / moaning sound. The guitars are all brilliant - psychedelic but angry. And the biting lyric is fantastic. I hope all of us share this level of anger. Love the way it all fades down to that church organ outro.

It's amazing. 

tonyc

what a tune love it , superb collab by you mike and redler , love the sound of those haunting guitars , and the drums , fantastic lyrics . well worth another play .....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Ferryman_1957

Wow, I wasn't expecting this. I just love the soundscape, right up my street. Dark, doomy with fantastic use of effects that never overwhelm the mix but add many layers of intensity. It's got elements of Floyd but it's much darker than that. The spoken lyrics work very well.

This is absolutely awesome, I love it!

Ella

Oh my God! I thought I commented this earlier. This is stunning. I love this mystical song. So well written tune from Kari. Tarabuga sounds 
so good and Mike`s guitars... well, so beautiful and elegant. Great collab and I must say Mike - your voice is very nice!

SE

Bluesy slide, what an atmosphere with terrific vocal, just too cool, magic!!

recorder
Boss BR-80

AndyR

Oh yeah!! Moody stuff and cool slide playing.

(THIS is the source for the other thing I listened to the other day, isn't it?? I'll go check... I was listening yesterday and thinking the other track was based on something else entirely and I couldn't imagine how it got from A to B... but if this were the source, that makes much more sense)

Anyways, this in its own right - mighty cool.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1