Fender Bassman aka "Fendery"

Started by Sprocket, May 26, 2009, 01:22:04 PM

Sprocket

Im new to the Micro Br, but not so new at modeling...I really didnt intend to use the modeling on this unit, but its just so damn convenient...and besides, it didnt take me long to build my own model, with a couple of options too.

This model is based on my Fender Tweed Bassman RI, and I think it totally nails it!

Patch: GT>U05 "Blues(Deville)" I renamed mine "FENDERY"

Song: SONG0000
Folder: SONG0000.BR0
Algorithm: COSM GTR AMP

Preamp: BLUES(Deville)
  Volume: 15
  Bass: 68
  Middle: 62
  Treble: 59
  Presence: 40
  Master: 95
  Bright: OFF(if you turn this on it gets very tin-y on the bridge)

Speaker Sim: TWIN
  Mic Set: 8 cm
  Mic Level: 80
  Dir Level: 0

Noise Suppressor: OFF
  Threshold: 00
  Release: 00

FX: Off

Delay: Optional, but program it anyways and turn it off when you dont wanna use it.
  Single: for some simple slapback
  Tap: if you want a really cool, mellow stereo delay slap back.
  Dly Time: 120ms or even 240ms(Im kinda diggin 77ms currently)
  Effect Level: 13

If youre in MP3 mode I dont see how you can add reverb, so the delay is nice.
If you can add reverb, of course season to taste but I like mine at about 6.
Without reverb, its just like a Bassman RI, you can ever hear the 4x10s flubbing with the bass notes. Without any noise reduction sounds totally like a tube amp with a nice mild breakup...not too nasty like the standard "Blues" setting, cleaned up nicely...I hope you like it.

Bro

If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Sprocket

Theres more to come, I intend on sharing my models...and I really dig Fender cleans as well as classic broken up blues tones.
Like I said, I really loath modeling, but its just so convenient Ive gotta make these models work for me...so if it sounds fake I wont share it.

Speaking of fake, I fine tuned the bass mid and treb to sound as lifelike as possible...if you add any more treble it gets a metallic quality not unlike action thats too low. If you add too much middle it gets a lil weird too.
I also notice the delay makes it appear to break up earlier(more) and kinda "sag" like too.

Sprocket

I thought I might note that I use the above patch with a couple of Strats with single coils...results may vary, as I havent tried it with much else.

Ted

Quote from: Sprocket on May 26, 2009, 01:57:08 PMTheres more to come, I intend on sharing my models...and I really dig Fender cleans as well as classic broken up blues tones.

Thanks so much!  I haven't tried this yet, but I'm a model ignoramus, and am constantly frustrated with my inability to get an acceptable bass sound on the MBR from my trusty P-bass copy.  Maybe if I follow a couple of your recipes, I'll gain some confidence to try on my own.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Sprocket

Hold on, if I understand you correctly you wanna use this for bass?
Sorry bout the confusion(if any)...this is based on the Fender Bassman tube amp...which was originally designed by Leo for his new P-bass, but it suites guitarists better and has been a much sought after amp since.
This may work for a bass, but I think youd be happier if you had a Strat to play through it.

On the other hand I just may be confusing myself...but Fender does still make bass amps, called the Bassman(50 and 150 models) as well...so I could see reason for confusion.

Sprocket

BTW, if anybody tries this patch Id really dig some feedback.(being a newb and all)

Ted

Quote from: Sprocket on May 27, 2009, 03:39:35 PMHold on, if I understand you correctly you wanna use this for bass?
Sorry bout the confusion(if any)...this is based on the Fender Bassman tube amp...which was originally designed by Leo for his new P-bass, but it suites guitarists better and has been a much sought after amp since.
This may work for a bass, but I think youd be happier if you had a Strat to play through it.

Damn.  Well, I may try it anyway, but I will also keep looking for the solution to my bass problem.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Sprocket on May 27, 2009, 03:40:07 PMBTW, if anybody tries this patch Id really dig some feedback.(being a newb and all)
I'm loading it in my '600 now 8)
I have a feeling you will be hearing it soon :D

It's in now and it is the dogz... 8)
big well done Sprock...live long and prosper

How about a real screamer that gives loads of dirty sustain and loves pinch harmonics Billy Gibbons style ::) ;)

Sprocket

Quote from: 48 on May 28, 2009, 05:02:44 AM
Quote from: Sprocket on May 27, 2009, 03:40:07 PMBTW, if anybody tries this patch Id really dig some feedback.(being a newb and all)
I'm loading it in my '600 now 8)
I have a feeling you will be hearing it soon :D

It's in now and it is the dogz... 8)
big well done Sprock...live long and prosper

How about a real screamer that gives loads of dirty sustain and loves pinch harmonics Billy Gibbons style ::) ;)

Thanks...I'll work on that "screamer" for you, but I kinda foresee an Andy Summers patch and a really thick and creamy scooped mid strat patch(like John Mayer, SRV, Hendrix) in the near future...so all in due time for the screamer, but that is a patch thatll I'll be after...more to come.
BTW, I dont have an LP style guitar currently, so I dont know how Billy Gibons my patch will be...but Ive got something close that I might be able to squeak a lil BG tone out of...we'll see.