Is it possible to make a track pan from left to right?

Started by Capn_Gaz, May 26, 2009, 05:39:20 AM

Capn_Gaz

Hey guys, like the title suggests I'm just wondering if its possible to get a track to go from left to right to left again but not really sure how to do it.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Geir

Yup ..possible .. you must chose one of the effects with panning or better tweak one yourself to your liking. Then you have to record to 2 tracks (pressing T1 and T2  or T3 and T4 at the same time) either when recording or bouncing !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Geir is right - and the only other way to do it with an MBR is changing the pan settings on a track while mastering.

It's easy to get what Geir mentioned to work. Hit both TR1&T2 or TR3&TR4 to enable stereo recording, and pick a patch with the tremolo/pan effect in it. Page 119 of the manual has a list of the available guitar/bass effects patches. To test this real quick use patch 69 or 75.

Just found out about it myself a little while ago and it works pretty well.

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

jkevinwolfe

An issue with manually panning during bouncing or mastering is that the sound is so loud in the center. It doesn't give you a "natural" pan sound like a pan control on a mixer. The automatic panning effect seems to sound more natural.