STRANGE BREW REMASTERS #1 GO GO

Started by danthecoat, May 01, 2020, 03:29:21 AM

danthecoat

1. Go Go (Live) Remaster #1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Since finding my mojo again i have also been getting to grips with all the new software and i thought kill two birds with one stone and i have been remastering these old band sons that i wrote. I must say these are far from perfect and i was considering re recording them but i don't know if i will as i have new stuff flowing and also i think these capture a time in life so i thought whatever i decide i would still like to have these in their original form. As i say these are far from perfect but its amazing at how well they have come up. I managed to get the hiss down to a minimum and bring the bass up a little and generally eq as best as i can to give each instrument some sort of clarity. These are taking me quite a while to do so i've set my goal to one per week.

The first one some of you may have already seen on my You Tube Channel is called

"Go Go"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KueyjOI3YxU     

tonyc

nothing like a live band , sounds really great , there aint to much live playing going on these days , , cheers .....tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Hook

Cool stuff, raw and punky.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

A great tune Dan, such a great energy in this. Maybe a little punky, but just great fresh and raw... maybe a touch of the kinks coming through too.

I know you are on to new songs now, but I have to say if you ever found time to do a fresh recording of this it would be worth it I think with the benefits modern recording can bring.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Oh yes! This has nice punkpop attitude and perhaps can I hear a ghost of Blur on this? Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

This is superb. Energy and swagger, and such a great sound.

danthecoat

Quote from: Mike_S on May 05, 2020, 01:55:59 PMA great tune Dan, such a great energy in this. Maybe a little punky, but just great fresh and raw... maybe a touch of the kinks coming through too.

I know you are on to new songs now, but I have to say if you ever found time to do a fresh recording of this it would be worth it I think with the benefits modern recording can bring.

Mike

Thank you Mike i may actually end up recording these again but for now i just wanted to concentrate on the remastering. Some of these are actually sounding better than when i first listened to the recording on the cassette so its a real treat for me to hear. I am doing another one at the moment and i seriously should've took more time on the lyrics (lol) but hey what time you got to worry about lyrics when you are 21  8)

AndyR

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on