Exporting songs to MP3

Started by Pedro, May 25, 2009, 06:50:43 PM

Pedro

I tried to create a video tutorial using BR-600 photos and the manual to see if I can help anybody and promote more BR-600 song upload in our community. If this type of tutorial proves successful, I may create more with other themes and other recorders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi1dbYVo_8s

grolschie

Thanks for that. It's a very clear tutorial.  :)

The Reverend 48

Its spot on Lets have more please

strogon14

Nice tutorial, thanks for posting!

A few suggestions for improvement:

- The video should have a title at the beginning (and maybe credits at the end).
  EDIT: Sorry, it has those, my video player must have skipped over this, so I missed it.
- It would be nice to show the method of exporting to WAV via the BR Wave Converter software as an alternative or even as the preferred method. I think its much easier and faster and also works when your CF card is almost full.
- Does the WAV2MP3 software allow to set an ID3 tag? If yes, it would be good for the video set a good example by doing so.
- The video should suggest to give a good filename to the resulting MP§ file. Otherwise we'll have tons of files named "TR0708_2.MP3" here soon ;)

Chris

Pedro

Quote from: strogon14 on May 29, 2009, 05:03:19 AMNice tutorial, thanks for posting!

Hi Chris, thanks and welcome to the community!

Quote- It would be nice to show the method of exporting to WAV via the BR Wave
Converter software as an alternative or even as the preferred method. I think its much easier and faster and also works when your CF card is almost full.

I agree, I just remembered that when I was probably in the middle of the tutorial. :D
I will probably create another tutorial with that method.

Quote- Does the WAV2MP3 software allow to set an ID3 tag? If yes, it would be good for the video set a good example by doing so.
- The video should suggest to give a good filename to the resulting MP§ file. Otherwise we'll have tons of files named "TR0708_2.MP3" here soon ;)

Yes, it supports ID3 tag, will include that next time and also how to rename the MP3 filename.

Thanks for the tips!  :)

Rolow

Thanks for the tutorial, I'd like to see more.  I haven't downloaded the BR WAV Converter yet because I'm not aware of a situation where I might use it.  If it works when the BR is low on memory, then I now have a reason.  What else do you get?

I've been using Audacity to convert wav files to mp3.  Its easy to use, but one must download a file called LAME to make it work.  I didn't have any problem with it, but it now comes with a warning that it may corrupt parts of your computer.  Not good.   :o

I know others who will benefit from the wav2mp3 program.  Thanks again.

Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

SharksDontSleep

Just downloaded Wav2Mp3.
Much easier than the converter I was using previously.

Cheers :)

strogon14

Quote from: Rolow on July 19, 2009, 08:48:52 PMI haven't downloaded the BR WAV Converter yet because I'm not aware of a situation where I might use it.  If it works when the BR is low on memory, then I now have a reason.  What else do you get?

- You don't need the extra space for the converted file on the CF card.
- Conversion is much faster.
- You can export all tracks of a song in one go.
- Exporting/importing is a one-step process only. No need to convert first than copy or the other way round, you just select the track and click export and there it goes.
- It's easy to see which tracks have recordings on them.

Did I miss anything?

EDIT: Ah yes, of course: you don't need the BR-600 to do the conversion, a CF-card reader attached to the computer is enough.

Chris

thouston

I filmed quite a few video tutorials last Jan for a friend. Here is one part 1 on importing and exporting MP3 files.

Tony Houston