BR600 AC adapter jack question

Started by gthreeman, May 25, 2009, 01:40:29 PM

gthreeman

Is there someone here who can tell me if the center pin in the AC adapter jack on the BR600 is (+) or (-) polarity?  The reason I ask is because I have this universal adapter that will let me match the specs. required to run the Br600 without damaging it...I just need to know the polarity of the BR's AC adapter jack.

64Guitars

The centre is negative. Make sure that the adapter delivers regulated DC at a minimum of 200mA.

See http://www.geocities.com/sixtyfourguitars/BossBr/FAQ.html#power.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

gthreeman

I just want to make sure that my adapter is suitable, so forgive me for following up with this simple question.  64 guitars, you said that the center is negative....so does that mean I switch my adapter to the negative setting?

Thanks for your reply.

64Guitars

If switching it to the negative setting makes the centre connector negative, then yes. If it makes the sleeve (outer connector) negative, then no. You'll have to find out what the switch does. I can't tell you that. Using it with the wrong polarity could seriously damage your BR. So make sure you set the polarity right every time before you connect the adapter to your BR. One mistake and your BR could be fried.

Is your adapter regulated? Most universal adapters are not. If you're not sure, I recommend that you buy a Boss PSA series adapter. They're not very expensive, and you'll have the peace of mind of knowing that you're using the right adapter and it won't damage your BR. All of the BR series recorders are designed to be used with a regulated power adapter like the PSA series. If your adapter is not regulated, I'd advise you to get one that is.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig