Started by Greeny, March 23, 2020, 02:21:14 AM

Greeny

Isolation Wonderland_TIM GREEN
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Coronavirus (banner image missing)

About you know what.

Les Paul Gold Top with P90's, Jazz Bass, Vocals, and Garageband drums and synths. Plus a final verse recorded LitLR - just me and my acoustic. All recorded on the MBR with a dash of phaser and joining the two sections in Audacity.

Incense burning all day long
nag champa in my eyes
everybody boxed and bored
they want to fly like birds outside

waiting for the martial law
an infection tsunami
in your rubber gloves and mask
keep the fuck away from me

in isolation wonderland

clean hands but dirty mind
never mind about that cruise
incarcerated holidays
you'll learn to love the lockdown blues

in isolation wonderland

cherry blossom off the tree
fallen on the lawn outside
I will dig a grave for thee
cause I'm a romantic guy

Ferryman_1957

Oh my, this is quite wonderful. Breathtaking. I loved it from the off, the descending guitar riff coupled with the lyrical bass line is an absolute killer. Had me tapping my feet and singing along straight away. The songwriting is fabulous, the way you knit the different sections together and use dynamics is very impressive. I love the way it comes back after the instrumental parts in the middle, and the little verse at the end is a really neat touch. Nice phaser-y guitar sounds as well, you are putting the pedal board to good use  :)

The production is very well done to keep everything so balanced in the mix and the vox are great as well. I wish this one was getting massive airplay on the radio......

Hook

I dig this alot. This might be a risky comment but it has a REM around the Green CD ( just realizing...) Anyway, I like it.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ferryman_1957

Quote from: Greeny on March 23, 2020, 06:34:51 AMNow with video.
I never liked clowns. I like them a lot less after watching that.....

I've been "enjoying" the images on the Everbleak Asylum site, this seems to share some of the inspiration. Do you create all the cut up images yourself? I assume you do, and if so, they're very creative indeed.

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on March 23, 2020, 07:20:21 AM
Quote from: Greeny on March 23, 2020, 06:34:51 AMNow with video.
I've been "enjoying" the images on the Everbleak Asylum site, this seems to share some of the inspiration. Do you create all the cut up images yourself? I assume you do, and if so, they're very creative indeed.

Thankyou! Yes - all by me. Mash-ups of all kinds of weird vintage material. Definitely not one for people with a clown phobia! Everbleak started as a song. It now has a blog, galleries, electronic soundtrack, and 150 artworks (and rising). Maybe a musical next  ;D

Hilary

Most excellent - clean hands and dirty mind!

I really liked the end too - I'll dig a grave for you because I'm a romantic guy.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

Brilliant Tim, I thought it was still Sunday tho.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

This is fabulous. I love the retro synths in the instrumental bridge and the post-script, or probably the Coda, is just lovely.

I'm with Nigel, it should be on the radio.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Farrell Jackson

I really enjoyed this Tim! The bass is fantastic with all those cool harmony notes. The lead solo has a circus vibe sound to it. Your vocals and lyric are as good and clever as ever. The video you put together is perfect for this song. Loved it all!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?