(In)Complete Feedback

Started by indierik, May 24, 2009, 10:44:05 AM

Greeny

This really floats my early-eighties boat. It has a great Echo and the Bunnymen / New Order vibe, and an imaginative way of using effects to carry the song. Would love this one as a Jemima's Kite track, lol. Great work... we don't get enough from you!!!!

indierik

I am truly flattered by your comments guys!! ;D I mean, most of the time I feel like a hack, like I don't understand my instrument well enough, I even started taking guitar lessons again for this reason. I suppose when it comes down to it it's really just me trying to be a perfectionist, always striving to do better, find more inspirations through a deeper understanding of my instrument. I'm no Kirk Hammett (Metallic) but he took lesson from Joe Satriani years after he hit it big. That is humbling, impressive and inspiring. But there is always room for raw talent.

I am working on a new one that I am fired up about. It'll be one of my most complex pieces yet if all falls into place as I envision it.

Question: My memory card reads BUSY! I cleaned it up by deleting some songs, so it's not full, but I can't record anymore of the new song I'm working on. Do I just need to transfer all the material off of it and re-initialize the card?

thanks again!
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Rockatron

Great stuff Indierik.  I was listening to it while working and it flowed big time.  The sound is clear and easy to listen to.  You almost feel like you're floating.  Super!
recorder
Boss BR-80

"Play, just play..."

Bosko Schwartz

Hey indierik,

I know what you mean about being a perfectionist and sort of feeling like a hack.  I feel the same way a lot of the time, but this forum is really helping to change my view of myself and my music.  Maybe we're NOT hacks after all!  You may not be Kirk Hammett, as you said, or in my case, John Lennon (my musical hero), but you definitely have a lot to offer to the musical world.  This piece in particular is both original and nostalgic at the same time -- something that is very difficult to pull off.  Definitely an 80s new wave vibe, but still modern as hell.  How do you manage to create something that sounds old and retro, and brand new and fresh at the same time?  I don't know, but you did it.  Well done.

Nice 808s, but does your band have a live drummer?  What's the name of the band?  I can't wait to hear this song with vocals!!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Satchwood

Cool guitar jam - I dig it...i too can't wait to hear with the vox track addition!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

indierik

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on May 26, 2009, 11:42:08 AMHey indierik,

Nice 808s, but does your band have a live drummer?  What's the name of the band?  I can't wait to hear this song with vocals!!

We do not have a live drummer. We have posted ads on craigslist for both a drummer and a Keyboardist/vocalist? No luck yet. Interested? You'd be a perfect fit, we could learn a lot from you....but you're obviously a little beyond our abilities, and probably tied up with you Stan Laurels project, which is brilliant and everyone on this site should check out! Seriously!
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Bosko Schwartz

Thank you so much for what you said about The Stan Laurels ;D, although it is not at all true that I am even remotely beyond your abilities.  I would argue the opposite is true.  When I heard your latest Work in Progress, I was like, "Damn, I need to start doing something like this!"  I was floored, and still dig "(In)Complete Feedback" a lot as well.  I still haven't had a chance to check out your myspace site yet, but based on what I have heard from you on this forum, I am imagining I would love your band.  As for whether or not I'd be interested in joining, I would love to say, "Hell YES!" but it really depends on where you live and how much, if any, I would need to play out (wife, kid, day-job, etc.).  But, that said, hell YES, I'm interested! :D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Geir

I think the changes you made worked great.
Great work keeping that echoed guitar so tight.

Lovely piece of music!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Facemask93

This forum gets better by the day , its addictive to say the least-----just dont want to stop listening to stuff like this--- i feel inadequate not being able to do anything other than cover's----this is excellent man , well done---but get some vox on this soon.

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

indierik

Quote from: facemask93 on May 28, 2009, 10:16:56 AMthis is excellent man , well done---but get some vox on this soon.

Facemask93
Thanks. We are working on the vox, well Gabriel our lyricist is working on it, it's not talent I possess.
-Friedrich Nietzsche