Trace of Me - Honker

Started by Kenneth, February 21, 2020, 07:30:35 PM

Oldrottenhead

I added the lyrics,

anyone familiar with Kurt Vonnegut and his novel "The Sirens of Titan" will see some of the inspiration behind the lyric, but it was also inspired by more personal stuff I won't go into, life, death, remembrance and songwriting n stuff.

Thanks Kenneth, you music unlocks a tap in my head that words flow from.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Cool stuff, lots going on, acoustic, synth, vocal effects well done on Kenneth, a great track.
Then add a ORH vocal and lyrics to add the icing on the cake, excellent!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

I lied...it clicked to the next track and here we are...This is fabulous...fabulous...ORH or Mr. James on vocals (I think I have that right)....this is just fantastic music and vocals...wow...
I gave this a few more listens and wow...it is FABULOUS...SERIOUSLY!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

I admit that this is one of my favorites of the 4 or 5 hundred songs I have heard on SC.... I don't know why, as many times as I heard this I didn't get the music track was Kenneth.(PROBABLY because I had it on thumbdrive so I listen to it from time to time...but the names don't always show up...although I am quite sure out of a hundred songs I could spot James vocals every time)....it's brilliant...fantastic...and makes the perfect landing spot for James vocals and lyrics...just a great song....sucked me in a hundred times...
I think it's the way the song builds too...all the little swirling stuff and then that chorus thing kicks in with the big in your face guitar.... and those lyrics....Stoney Stephenson I will never forget thee....
I don't think I will either...
brilliant...song an absolute killer...if this were the Scottish national soccer team, in the world cup finals...that is a GOAL!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Oldrottenhead

I love this one too. The lyric was actually inspired by the Kurt Vonnegut novel " The Sirens of Titan" written in the year of my birth 1959. A great read.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

WarpCanada

This is fantastic gentlemen.    The music is so moving and evocative, and the lyrics are emotive and have a sense of melancholy and hope mixed together.  My kinda thing.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Hilary

I'm so pleased you found it too, it's a wonderful song/collab.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça