Recording from a rehearsal ~ 1994

Started by Geir, May 22, 2009, 06:45:41 PM

Geir

Mystery man (live rehearsal)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Fun with old recordings... this is from a rehearsal with my old band "LiFF". It's an early recording of the song "Mystery Man" which we later recorded on a demo. On this night the singer didn't show up so I had to step in. The song was a band collab but lyrics where always my job. Recorded in my brothers basement on a JVC portable stereo cassette recorder

I still can't believe how I could sing and play guitar in that 6/4-5/4 beat at the same time .....

"You paint a drink and all your listeners get drunk"
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

so this is what you where posting, fecking awesome too much dolby gie us the version wi the hiss.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

LOL ... I used the mbr to rip it from a cassette ... problem is I don't have any decent casetteplayers anymore ... I will try to get hold of one to convert all those old recording tho' ... when time permits 8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Great G.....!

You tried running the tune through Audacity.....

Can clean it up a treat!

But I Like the hiss!

Sounds like the real deal!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

Ok ... guess nobody will read this, with the possible exception of T and Jim ... anyway ..
here's a link to the soundclick page of my old band LiFF. I uploaded the 4 originals we recorded for our demo in the mid 90s.

No you can hear the proper version of "Mystery Man" with the full band. ...

cheers & peace

http://www.soundclick.com/liffno
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Great songs, Geir! Just listened to them all on your Soundclick site. You were definitely into your hard rock / metal!!!! Good, pro-sounding demos. I think 'The Journey' has a great sound and feel to it. Is that you giving it some on the vocal?!

Geir

LOL yeah .. those were the times of hair and leather pants

... Wow I see you're a fan already !! Thanx Jim!!

Quote from: Greeny on May 29, 2009, 02:24:42 AMGreat songs, Geir! Just listened to them all on your Soundclick site. You were definitely into your hard rock / metal!!!! Good, pro-sounding demos. I think 'The Journey' has a great sound and feel to it. Is that you giving it some on the vocal?!
Thanx Tim! Yes I'm doing some backing vox on The Journey.

Sad thing about the demo is that our great singer was having a cold so he's not at his best (believe it or not)!! Still love his voice tho.

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bro

Wow great, same year as where i was born :) Great!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.