Love it Willie,
Great guitar sound,
Well written and well played.
Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

SteveAlton

Willie I like this alot...Just wish there was a tad more detail....

There is a ton of room for interpretation but ya know Country.  They want a Story.

Best to you with this

Romidon

You know, I'm going to have to revise a statement I made in a comment to another song post of yours:

At the end of my 'Only For The Fun' comment I said;
Quote from: Romidon on September 21, 2019, 01:27:31 AM....
Another cool song in a creative spurt (probably my favorite after 'Better in a Letter')...

THIS song is my favorite of the three you posted recently...   (I hope that's okay to say as I think that they are all great posts, it's just this one speaks to me, as I HAVE met girls like this before...sorta...)

(Once again I've got the song on 'Repeat' as I make this post to keep it fresh in my head as to what makes this appealing to me..)

First off, the title captured my attention as I hold some weird attraction to the word 'Lament'.  It's such a cool, mood setting word.  (I have a song called 'Miner's Lament' that I'll post when I get a good recording of it..)  It tells you right off that there's something tragic (at least to the character sharing their story) going on within the confines of the song.  And, of course, other people's tragedy makes for great listening...   :'( 

Next, in the case of this song the tragedy is unknown; but the barkeep KNOWS that the girl that has captured his attention has been through something that has made her into a ticking time bomb: 
Quote from: The Castrati Brothers on September 20, 2019, 04:41:59 AMAnd I'm confessing that she was done with messing
I could tell that from her eyes.
Reaffirming his observation with:
Quote from: The Castrati Brothers on September 20, 2019, 04:41:59 AMI knew that she was in some sort of trouble
But I don't need that kind around.
As if the barkeep knew that if the wrong person approached her they would end up on the floor or on a slab..
(Again, I may be WAY off base but this is MY interpretation...)  :)

Also the opening riff (as in most of your songs I've listened to) sets the song up with a sort of familiarity that makes me anticipate the rest of the song.  While the instrumental in this song (and your others) shores up the intro and keeps the mood flowing. 

(I'm just a chord cruncher and depend on my bandmates to fill the melody lines to the instrumentals and background to 'fill out' my songs..  I envy the ability to think and create the melody with your instrument.  NOT my forte.)

YIKES!!

I apologize for the epistle..   :o

Um...

Great song, Willie!  Thanks for sharing it with us!

romidon.

chapperz66

A fine song Willie, with great guitar sound and classy lines.

Paul

Mike_S

The subject matter is a winner here. It makes for an interesting story and that has to be the first building block in most good songs (one I struggle with). Lovely little tune, again, rolls along very nicely.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Great songwriting! Nice tone on your guitar and so good performance.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ella

Great guitar-playing and like Mike said, rolls along very nicely.  :)

Hook

Dude, you sure know how to write a Damn good song.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

tonyc

fantastic song willie love your voice and those guitars, superb recording clear as a bell love it .....cheers ...tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16