And when all is said and done
We were only ever in it for the fun

We always said that there would be no regrets
No painful tears along the way

Outro

recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

A bit melanchol, but beautiful! The atmosphere of your lyric fits nicely on the music. Great performance!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

You are in a rich vein of form Willie, another very good track. It has a very uplifting feel even though the lyrics are a little wistful. Very creative with the backing instrumentation as well.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Thats a rock solid song brother, I dig. Love that synth arpeggiated thingy going on, very cool.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SteveAlton

Love it...But the intro is WAAAAYYYYY too long....

Romidon

Quote from: SteveAlton on September 20, 2019, 02:33:17 PMLove it...But the intro is WAAAAYYYYY too long....

Yikes...  Clocking in at .36 seconds, it's not that long at all, really..  Not when you consider songs like 'Stairway to Heaven's intro is around .53 and 'Hotel California' makes you wait around .52 seconds before they start singing..   (Both are pretty iconic and VERY memorable...   ::) )  Personally, I enjoy the opening riff and didn't notice it's length.  I feel it sets the tone for the song quite well.

We're here having fun presenting our passions for music, songwriting and recording to other like minded individuals at Songcrafters.  We never know where our musical inclinations will take us and it's always nice to get a little encouragement along the way.  :)

As for THIS song, one thing I like about it is the air of melancholy (as Redler pointed out) that permeates from an otherwise (lyrically) uplifting song.  Here it's the music as well as a little reading between the lines (I might be off on that point, but hey! this is MY interpretation) that creates that atmosphere for me... 

Musically and the quality of your recording:  Excellent!  (Well I guess I have to admit, YOU are my inspiration for purchasing a Boss BR-900CD recorder last week.  [Yes, AFTER purchasing a BR-800 less than 2 weeks before..  Pretty soon I'm going to have a recorder in every room in my house..]  ::)  Hook has already mocked & belittled me enough for OCD'istic tendencies...)    :-X

Another cool song in a creative spurt (probably my favorite after 'Better in a Letter'), thank you for sharing, Willie!!

romidon.