Typical Summer by Orh/Redler

Started by Redler, August 21, 2019, 02:41:31 AM

Redler

Typical Summer Ruff Mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all!

I browsed the song sketches of the memory card and this is the finished result. Lyric&vocals by James, music by me. Thanks James!

edit:typo

Oh the rain
And the sun
And the mud
And the mud

Oh the clouds
In the sky
And the flies
And the flies

Is this another
Typical summer
What the hell am I gonna wear today
Wear today

Oh the heat
And the sweat
Down my back
Down my back

Oh the birds
Every morn
Wake me up
Wake me up

Is this another
Typical summer
Wear today

Oh the dog's
On the bed
He needs fed
He needs
Walked through the pouring rain

Bridge

Is this another
Typical summer
Wear today

Oh the dog's
On the bed
He needs fed
He needs

Oh the quilt
On my bed
It's too hot
It's too cold

Oh I can't
Climb this hill
I'm so old
I feel ill

Is this another
Typical summer
Wear today

Oh the dog's
On the bed
He needs fed
He needs
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ella

Awesome! When I heard this tune, I thought it´s a perfect summer-hit and I heard in my mind James singing.  ;D  And there it is - perfect summer-hit ( with a new perspective. )

Ferryman_1957

It is indeed a summer number 1! Great fun, really nice guitar work and some good chord changes in there. Great work on the vocals from Jim as always, loving the lyrics again. Really captures the feel of "summer" in the UK.

Oldrottenhead

cheers for letting me onboard Kari. Lyric was written after a hike up the kilpatrick hills with mrs orh and our dog. Started sunny then pissed down, ascent was like the dog on all fours, at one point i slipped about twenty feet downhill on all fours, whilst trying to ascend. sun, rain, mud, flies et al.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Romidon

:o

I don't know why, but this song reminds me sooo much of Alex Harvey's songwriting style; minimalist, somewhat abstract, yet it ties together.  Not to mention the vocals hinting his spirit is still here, but a tad subdued right now...

And the music:  So damn happy!   ;D  I want to break into my happy dance, just listening to it.   !@014  [I REALLY like this emoji!]

Thanks for posting this uplifting collab.   (Thanks too for the added info on the inspiration behind the lyrics, orh.  It enhances the enjoyment.  ["...And the mud / and the mud..."  "Oh I can't / climb this hill / I'm so old / I feel ill..."]  Not laughing at your plight; just relating...   ;) )

romidon.

Mike_S

Love it... so refreshing to hear a carefree lovely song like this. A really catchy, brilliant guitar riff and perfect vocal, fab stuff guys.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Such a great collaboration. Even acoustically I hear the punk in you Kari. Love that solo.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

Boosh!!!!

Take that. No that's a completely different bunch of guys, I mean - yeah it's...

Have you been to the UK in summer? Obviously.

It's just a bit brighter than winter these days

Fab song.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

StephenM

bumpity bumpipty bump.... censor me if you like!  since summer is disappearing and it has been about a year plus this is just a really nice job by the men involved... and for anyone who missed it the first time... k... I won't bump anymore tonight...promise!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Frank53

What a good song. Very descriptive and visual. Great performance.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.