On board mic noise

Started by Capn_Gaz, May 20, 2009, 05:29:23 AM

Capn_Gaz

Brilliant, Ive moved around a bit and it turns out it is something about the house causing the hum in certain places (though what it is I dont know). The mic is now really quiet noise wise - no more than I was anticipating before I bought the unit.

Now I just need some ideas to come to me - anyone got any tips for this?  :)

Oldrottenhead

QuoteBrilliant, Ive moved around a bit and it turns out it is something about the house causing the hum in certain places
poltergeist.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Capn_Gaz

Yeah it might just be, I'm sat in an electrically empty room (apart from the light which is turned off) with an acoustic and the Micro br and I get all this background noise, but when I sit downstairs in the same room as the tv, sky box, 360 and two lamps on I get quiet time - wierd.

jkevinwolfe

Florescent light balasts in the ceiling or wall? These are transformers like those in power adapters, only bigger with more juice going through them.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Yuri

Hi Capn_Gaz

I was just wondering what noise reduction you refer to?

Cheers.
Crazed & Donfused...

grolschie

Noise Suppressor [NS] on the Insert Effects?

Last night I noticed weird noise on my BR600's condensor mics. It lessened/stopped when I moved it. I flicked my DECT phone's power supply off at the wall and the noise stopped. There is a small amount of hiss though, but not too much. This might help somebody.