Connecting Micro BR to Line 6 POD X3

Started by Alberto, May 20, 2009, 12:47:55 AM

Hi

I have been looking for information regarding this and I didn't find anything. Has anybody try to connect the Micro BR to a Line 6 POD?
Which output of the LIne 6 should I use? Are there any risks damaging the Micro BR?Are there any restrictions?

Thanks a lot for your help

Alberto

SdC

I you want to use the pod's speaker simulator instead of the BR's COSM fx (and I'm sure you are), connect it to the BR's line-in and set the pod's output as "line"

If you just want to use the pod's stomp boxes, and then into the BR's fx, connect the pod to  the gtr-in and set the pod's output to "amp"

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hacker

I have run my Digitech GNX3 right into the BR.

I have tried it on the dry setting and mixing the effects of the GNX through the clean channels on the BR. I got some pretty cool sounds.

Next I'm going to try using a 1/4" to 1/8" cable from the GNX into the line in input and see how that works. My guess is it will give me the "true" sounds of the GNX.

I record vocals through a small 12 watt guitar amp 1/4" mic input into the guitar input, then use the 1/4 to 1/8 cable from the head phone jack input to the line in input of the BR and it works great.

H

godinqc

I use my Zoom G7.1ut straight into the Guitar input and it works great.
I've never tried it via the Line input. Just remember to turn OFF the effects on the BR, I created a User patch that has all the effects turned OFF and that's what I use when using an external pedal.

Cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

Quote from: godinqc on May 21, 2009, 11:11:02 AMI use my Zoom G7.1ut straight into the Guitar input and it works great.
I've never tried it via the Line input.

Some of the G7.1ut's effects (Stereo Chorus and Pan Delay) are stereo but the Micro BR's Guitar input is mono. So you should connect the G7.1ut's left and right outputs to the Micro BR's Line Input using a suitable adapter cable to preserve the stereo panorama.

QuoteJust remember to turn OFF the effects on the BR, I created a User patch that has all the effects turned OFF and that's what I use when using an external pedal.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to press [EFFECTS] then [TR1] to toggle the insert effects off?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Ted

I think Kody uses one of these with good results.  He might be the go-to guy for this question.  See his post on What does your home studio look like?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

AndyR

Hi

I use a Vox Tonelab LE and a Line 6 POT XT.

For both I put them straight into the Line In input (sometimes via a mixing desk, depending on how I'm wired right at that moment).

I've got a single adapter wire that I use for coming out of the MBR Line In socket, on the other end it's split into left and right rca phono plugs, and I have rca to 1/4" mono jack converters that I slip on to them when I want to plug into the outputs of the POD or Tonelab.

I always use both left and right outputs from the POD/Tonelab, and use the TR buttons on the MBR if I want to switch to recording mono from the stereo Line In.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hi

Thanks all of you for your help, I think I know what to do now, I let you know if I run into any problems.

Alberto