Haven't You Heard

Started by Mike_S, May 11, 2019, 05:03:05 PM

Mike_S

Quote from: Hilary on May 23, 2019, 02:35:42 PMYou should get this on BBC introducing.

Thank you all for listening and the kind comments. Hilary... it's funny you mentioned the BBC introducing. I had a look at the website after listening to a track Nick (ODH) got played on there and then posted on here as I was so impressed with his song and also getting it on air. And weirdly I can imagine Nick doing a version of this track with his cool alt/punky vocal style...

But thanks again guys
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

how the hell did i miss this? effing fabulous.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

dobrodaddy

Great groove n delivery, Mike! Excellent lyrics. Right on target. FB can be such a wasteland. Well done. Liked your lead break a lot too. Very cool!

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Zoom H2

StephenM

man did you nail that!  the subject and the guitar work... and the voice reminds a hint of Mark Knopfler.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

pjd1

My god that is really good , the guitar chords are so well put together with  perfect timing , the vocal is just brilliant and i can see the Knopler connection there , your vocals are cleaner and more younger  sounding , I like the media spin on the song and i think everyone of a certain age would agree with all the crap that goes out there , I really enjoyed the track it has everything and its all quality

Brilliant Mike

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Ray Brookes

Great rockin' track and good insightful lyrics, Mike.
Ray Brookes

Frank53

The lyrics are certainly accurate. Well written and performed. Like everyone else, Mark Knopfler was my first impression, as well.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

StephenM

around 1:50 really,,,,absolutely rocks...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

AndyR

WOOF! I missed this first time round...

Absolute class. Guitars, lyrics, delivery, and production.

Love it.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Greeny

I somehow missed this first time round. Yeah - definitely channeling Mr Knopfler on the vocal, but that's all good. It's like Knopfler fronting REM. I bloody love it. Energy, attitude, and some bloody gorgeous chord structures. Got to say that this is my favourite song from you. It's got some lovely ingredients and it all works perfectly.