Korruptio - Maksaa Koirille (punk blast from 1981)

Started by Redler, May 04, 2019, 01:55:41 AM

Redler

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hi! It was  1979, when me and couple of my friends based a punk band named Korruptio (Corruption). We recorded two "albums" on cassette and sent them to punk zines and they interviewed us. In late 70's...early 80's here in Finland were hundreds of alternative zines and now them have been converted on digital form.

An old "punk", who was involved that project, contacted me last week and wrote that a record company is planning to publish an album; Some demos of early Finnish punk bands. A guy who is making that collection has mentioned that he needs Korruptio on it! So let's see...

We sold the cassettes about 15 pieces total almost 40 years ago, but I'm sure the people have copied them more, because on Punk in Finland (punk site) there's a thread of our band.

So, I made a video of the best known song by us. It's Maksaa Koirille (Liver for the dogs) from 1981. I (bass and voc) was 18, guitarist was 18 and drummer 14 years at that time.

Here we go in the spirit of Punk, DIY and portayal of period! I waste your time for one minute ;D

(edit: removed double text)

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=2OJ7g85xN4M

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Thats just phenomenal my brother & look at that hair!!!!
You're like a pioneer of punk. Just fabulous!!!!!
Rock the fuck on!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Hilary

I didn't get on with punk - too much spitting for me!

This is great though - I love your sneer in the first photo.

Brilliant!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

cuthbert

Fantastic! Love the energy and the pics, and a great story too.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

SE

Yes, in the company of punk royalty, great stuff, magic!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Farrell Jackson

Ha! I like it Kari.....I would have never pegged you for a punker but youth brings a lot of energy with it and it has to be released. This bit of nostalgic punk music and video are so cool ! Good luck with the resurgence of fame!

Farrell   
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike_S

You certainly did not waste my time... That was brilliant!! You guys had a lot of talent and attitude as well. Enjoyed that a lot.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

I was always gonna be to old for punk, but I can appreciate the energy it invoked.      Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ella

Punk-music was not my cup of cake. I was hippie. But I think this is endearing!  ;D And Yes! There is lot of energy. I can understand the attraction of this style. Not a bad vocals Kari! ;)