Marriage of Inconvenience - a Chapperz original

Started by chapperz66, April 04, 2019, 09:48:09 AM

chapperz66

Marriage of Inconvenience
Time:
0:00
Volume:
More overblown instrumental stuff from me.  I knocked this out fairly quickly by my standards.

The keys are all soft synths  - Arturia V collection and Pigments, Izotope  Iris (it was on offer so I couldn't resist it) and Presonus presence XT samples.  The drums were a mix of Heavy Hitter loops and "played" single hits where I couldn't make the loops fit. Guitar was all a Fender Strat through an AxeFX2.

Its a bit pretentious but then why not?

Paul

PS Listening to this again I think it might be a bit bass-heavy.  Might take it down a bit....

Oldrottenhead

wow! progtastic. reminds me of "Automatic Man" for some reason. 
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Loved it - a musical flight of fancy, and everything sounds proggy-fantastic!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

Excellent piece of prog rock! Brilliant job with each instrument and the drum track is out of this world!! Very professional job, Paul!

Listened to this twice!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

It's not at all pretentious. It's a great piece, loads of creativity, and fab playing. You continually turn out good stuff Paul, this is no different, but very different.   
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Farrell Jackson

Some fine fast paced prog rock here Paul ! The drums are great as is your guitar playing. Well done!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

This is a fast moving song
Those quick guitar lead bursts are incredible.
Fluent and clear.
Well done sir.

Lurker

I really dig this.  There's a nice mix of fusion and prog.  The driving rhythm and guitar carry me somewhere I like to be.  Just when I was thinking a change might be nice, there it was at around 1:58.  Brilliant!

SE

Some prog goodness, with excellent musicianship big respect on your production, cool!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80