Here's The Thing - a Chapperz original

Started by chapperz66, December 20, 2018, 06:05:41 AM

Flash Harry

This is really interesting Paul, as a piece of music and as an experiment with your new software. There are some good voices and rather cool figures embedded in there.

I too would like to hear what the synth version sounds like.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ferryman_1957

Loved this, great work Paul. It's got several levels and it really hooks you in with both the music and the clever combination of sounds. It sounds really crystal clear and sharp on my monitors as well which just adds to the enjoyment. Very nice work, more like this please.

Blooby

Your synthy version led me here. I prefer this one as well, but it's no slight. it's just a timbral preference. It seems your writing has reached another level these days. You are turning out some fantastic stuff.

On an unrelated note, anything in Studio One 4.0 I am missing?

Blooby

chapperz66

Quote from: Blooby on February 06, 2019, 06:10:59 PMOn an unrelated note, anything in Studio One 4.0 I am missing?

Blooby

Personally I don't think that there is anything essential in S1 v4 but there are some things which are very useful.  Impact XT is great for playing drum one-shots and is quite transformative if you add an Atom pad controller to it.  The other thing I really like is the fact that you can adjust multiple midi tracks at the same time.  If you double click an instrument track so that you can see the midi notes, you can hold shift and click another instrument track, you can see and edit both.  So, for example, if you  have a violin on one track and a cello on another you can easily edit them.  I don't think you could do this in v3.

Some people get excited by the chord track but I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. I guess it's clever that it can analyse an audio or midi track and display the chords but not game changing for me.  Equally the fact that you can change the name of the chord and it will change the audio is not something that I have made use of yet, and probably won't.  I think that if I want to try a Dm rather than Dmajor, I would prefer to just do it again, but perhaps I'm a Luddite. 

I didn't rush to upgrade. I waited for the Black Friday upgrade offer which I think was about £64.  At that price I think it was worth it.  At full price which I think is over £100, it could be a bit more questionable.  On the other hand there is the issue of ongoing development and support with the current version.  On balance I would wait for the next sale/offer price and get it then.

Cheers

Paul