Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Farrell Jackson

Well done Flash and ORH ! It has a real Oriental vibe to it...just don't drop the plate. Nice one!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

explanation re title. "China" in Glasow is a good friend. My good china for example. it comes from cockney rhyming slang. China plate = mate.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Great job Guys, a sombre piece right up my street.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Brilliant oriental vibe on the backer and orh's vocal is icing on the cake! Bravo guys! (Thanks for the explanation of "china", I have wondered what an earth it means - I've seen you using it many times earlier ;D )
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

What a nice surprise to hear Flash posting some new work. I really liked the melody and the haunting sounds of the keys/synth. The production is very clean and crisp and Jim's vox come through really well. Very nice vocal performance and the lyrics suit the music very well. Well done guys, this is very well put together indeed, really enjoyed it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Very atmospheric. Love the oriental vibe of the lead synth, and how it goes from ambient on the intro to catchy hook on the chorus. Perfectly played and mixed, and a cracking vocal from James (of course!). But the most important thing is that you've recorded and posted an original song! Fab.

Flash Harry

This was prompted by the confluence of a couple of streams, one was Tharek getting in touch, James gettign in touch and a post regarding Boss guitar tones by Super8 here: https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=28442.0.

I did a factory reset on my GT-8 pedal board and downloaded the presets from Boss, then stomped through them.

The synthy sound is my Parker played through the 'Slow Gear and Pitch' patch on the GT-8, which inspired the theme.

Bass is never right, and the drums are a combination of me recording a loop from the TD9 sitting in the corner, playing that back and playing over the top, you can tell I'm no drummer.

There's a 12 stringer in there. Not happy with that either. James vocal breathed life into the whole thing, I'm always surprised just how much context a vocal puts on a track, James never fails.

So - Mojo maybe resurfacing? Who knows.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. It is a nice place this isn't it?

And nice to see Tim and Geir here too.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

launched

Love the tune guys - Glad I popped in for a minute. Really good job on the composition and recording. Sounds great on headphones!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover