Squeeze me, Fats Waller, an other oldie song

Started by Jean Pierre, October 05, 2018, 11:50:09 PM

Jean Pierre

squeeze me render MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:

1926, Fats Waller
"Squeeze Me" is a 1925 jazz standard composed by Fats Waller. It was based on an old blues song called "The Boy in the Boat"

this arrangement is of Gary Peterson, an american guitarist, folk singer who lived and played in France in the 60s and 70s

You can see this ltlle video clip, with my clones "the Dalton Brother Gang" with Uke bass, guitar and lap steel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QstRuSK6CwQ

thank you for listening
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Janpol1953

Very nice, thank you.
I don't know why but the video reminds me something...  ;)
Rien ne sert d'espérer pour entreprendre... Ni de réussir pour persévérer!

Site Web général
Site Web  dédié Georges Brassens

Jean Pierre

and yes JP, the Café de Flore!

This coffee appeared in 1885, in Paris.

Around 1913, a neighbour, Guillaume Apollinaire, took over the place. He transforms the ground floor into a newsroom with his friend André Salmon. Later, the magazine Les Soirées de Paris was created there. Apollinaire has his habits there, to such an extent that he makes an appointment there at fixed times. In 1917, the terrace of the Flora saw him in great discussion with André Breton and Louis Aragon: the word "surrealist" was then invented, with the Dadaist intellectual, literary and artistic movement.

In the 1930s, the Café de Flore was the favourite place of a whole family of authors, the whole of literary Paris gathered there: Georges Bataille, Robert Desnos, Léon-Paul Fargue, Raymond Queneau, Michel Leiris, André Derain, the brothers Diego and Alberto Giacometti, Ossip Zadkine and Pablo Picasso also came there. There is a special atmosphere there. The world of cinema is not indifferent either. Director Marcel Carné meets actor Serge Reggiani. Director Jean-Louis Barrault often arrives with his company after the performances.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Pete C

Nice performance and a great video too! 

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

T.C. Elliott

What a cool song to cover. I love the easy feeling in the strumming and the melody. The lap steel works very well with the guitars
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Redler

Brilliant job both on music and video! I like that Clone-band :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Fun tune. I agree with TC in that the lap steel is a nice compliment.

Blooby

alfstone

Very beautiful!

Alfredo

P.S....I thought that the Café de Flore was a little more crowded...  8)

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

danieldesete

Very cool, nice and groovy, and pro recording as always, a big well done Jean Pierre !
hou hou ha ha

Jean Pierre

thank you all guys

QuoteP.S....I thought that the Café de Flore was a little more crowded...  8)
:) :)
An answer for Alfredo.

and yes when we sat down on the terrace of the café de Flore with the Dalton Brothers Band and started our musical  set (with Luis Prima's "Just a gigolo"), everyone ran away, some even threw money coins to stop us ( it's not nice >:( ), in the second song "squeeze me" there was no one left on the terrace

Ps we'll post as soon as possible  "Just a gigolo", with my friend Jean Paul