Started by Redler, September 01, 2018, 01:09:17 AM

bruno

Late nite Jazz club on.
Very enjoyable chaps, excellent collab.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ferryman_1957

Hmmm, bluesy jazz, would that be blazz? I love the laid back feel here, the guitars are really nice and work really well. Great sounding solo and Farrell's vox are the icing on the blazz cake. Very accomplished performance and great lyrics. Well done to both of you!

Flash Harry

Very cool jazz, it's remarkable how a lyric and a melody changes things, it the life breathed in I think.

This is rather fine.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Jarle

Great collab. Nice laidback jazzy/blues.
recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

im listening to this as I write this,its such a cool vibe you guys have created.

Another good thing about collabs is it takes you into another path you would not have normally taken.
superb work guys.
Pie pod bound.

cuthbert

Getting to this one late, but so glad I finally caught up to it. Great jazz-blues tune, with excellent music from Kari, and an intimate vocal/lyric from Farrell.

Well done, gents!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Blooby

Super enjoyable listen. Great vibe and delivery. I hate to be nerdy, but I have to ask about the vocal. Is there a very slight slapback or short reverb? It doesn't sound dry, yet I can't detect an effect? Is that just room sound? Whatever it is, sounds great.

Blooby

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Blooby on October 09, 2018, 03:05:45 PMI have to ask about the vocal. Is there a very slight slapback or short reverb? It doesn't sound dry, yet I can't detect an effect? Is that just room sound? Whatever it is, sounds great.
Blooby

Thanks Blooby! Kari did the mix so I'm not sure if he added any effects to the vocal. I had to check my notes to recall what I did. I sent the vocal track to him with a tight delay on it so that might be what you're hearing. My recording room is fairly dry so not much room reflection in there.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Thanks to all for kind and suppertive comments!

Blooby and Farrell: I didn't add reverb or delay to Farrell's vocal track, just made the mix on Audacity and imported the song onto BR-80 for mastering. EQ settings HI+1/MID+1/LOW 0, I mastered it with P 1 MIX DOWN and set dynamics, tone, natural parameters to 2.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

So glad Nigel is back. I can just say: what Nigel said!  :D

Seriously, I loved it. Really smooth guitar work! Loved that solo