Main Menu

Tell Me

Started by Saijinn Maas, May 16, 2009, 03:47:06 AM

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Blooby on May 16, 2009, 05:50:37 AMI would hate for people to dismiss this as something merely hastily cobbled together.  Composition-wise, if you rethought it with some vocals, you'd have a great song here with a classic rock vibe.  Love the chord changes where things switch to that overtly major-key feel.

Playing-wise, your guitar lead avoids senseless noodling.  You have a lot of statements instead, all the more impressive since the leads (I assume) were all improvised.  My suggestion is to re-cut it and add the vocals or toss it up in collaborations with holes in it, so somebody else could work their magic on it lyrically and vocally.

Nice tone as well.

Peace.

Blooby

I guess I rarely ever think about lyrics. Because I've never sung well, and I've always loved guitar, I tend to think of the guitar as my voice.

I'll try to get an open version on here in case any of the resident vocal experts would like to give it a try. ;)

Thanks

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: 0jimihendrix0 on May 16, 2009, 07:06:33 AMSuperb! Did you do the bass yourself?

Love it, some skilled guitar work going on here! :)

Awesome job!

Yes, did the bass myself on my Fender Squier MB-4.

Thanks for the comments ;)

SE

Loved the tune just crying out for some vocal
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

Agree with everybody else !!! This is a great peace of work! If this is just improv you've got a major talent !!!!

More please, more !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman_1957

Sounds great to me as well. You know more modes than me, you've got plenty of licks and they sound great. Great for an improv.

Cheers,

Nigel

Hacker

Definetly Very Cool!

I Dig it! Nice work!!

H

Wiley

This is good!!.  Would be a great jam along song.  Had me tapping my toes.

Saijinn Maas

Thanks for the gracious comments. I'm still a bit self conscious my playing since I've only "really" been playing for the last 3 years. Before that it was mostly open chord camp fire songs with 2-3 year breaks between actually picking up a guitar.

Still it is at least encouraging based on the comments that I am heading in the right direction. ;)

Thanks ;)

Bluesberry

You are doing super fine for 3 years of playing.  The MicroBR is a great tool for improving your guitar playing I find. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Saijinn Maas

Well, it looks like I'll be re-recording this to fix the many mistakes. Now I just have to learn how to play it now! heh

I'm going to push out a version without the lead track to put in collaborations if anyone is interested in doing some vocals to this.

Thanks ;)