Main Menu

Tell Me

Started by Saijinn Maas, May 16, 2009, 03:47:06 AM

Saijinn Maas

Saijinn - Tell Me
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Getting late and was just messing around.

There's quit a few "mistakes", but since the whole thing was pretty much improvised after a couple of "feeling out' takes, I'm not too worried about it.

I think I really need to learn some new modes though... ;)

The Reverend 48

Great Guitar Well Done!

Blooby

I would hate for people to dismiss this as something merely hastily cobbled together.  Composition-wise, if you rethought it with some vocals, you'd have a great song here with a classic rock vibe.  Love the chord changes where things switch to that overtly major-key feel.

Playing-wise, your guitar lead avoids senseless noodling.  You have a lot of statements instead, all the more impressive since the leads (I assume) were all improvised.  My suggestion is to re-cut it and add the vocals or toss it up in collaborations with holes in it, so somebody else could work their magic on it lyrically and vocally.

Nice tone as well.

Peace.

Blooby

Dmann

I love this, great diddly.

Bluesberry

Now that is rock and roll.  Great flipping guitar playing, great tone, great control, great composition.  Super job for just messing around.  I agree with Blooby, this would be a monster song with lyrics/vocals.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

Superb! Did you do the bass yourself?

Love it, some skilled guitar work going on here! :)

Awesome job!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Facemask93

This is so good, just how i would like to play---got the Am pentatonic nailed but it never sounds this good-- i'll stick to the acoustic for now and keep going back to the electric as and when--keep these coming i'm a fan

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

launched

Right On!! Sounds like you got plenty of SoCal Sunshine in that one! 8) Great skill and playing ability!

I'd like to learn just one of those modes, though...

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

AndyR

Agree with everything said already.

I like the feel in the rhythm and leads. And in the leads, you're "saying stuff" - it doesn't come across like a bunch of licks and scales, you're making musical statements that are interesting whether the listener is a guitarist or not.

I know there are other ways, but one way of looking at it is that guitarists who can interest non-guitarists are on to something :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1