'Amsterdamn' - A Greeny Monday Original

Started by Greeny, June 04, 2018, 02:52:00 AM

Greeny

02_Amsterdamn_TIM GREEN (1)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello! I see I have a lot of listening to do! I hope you have all been well  :-*

Been busy on various albums in the background. Here's the title track of the latest one, featuring Tanglewood ASM acoustic guitar, Fender MiM Strat, Fender Precision bass, vocals and Garageband drums, piano, synths and organs.

Amsterdamn

I drew a line in the sand
where the dark sea meets the land
the air is heavy said the man
as it turns the mournful windmills of the damned

but i could not
settle for this
i needed bees to pollinate my bliss
and every tulip felt their honeyed kiss
across the purple fields of amethyst

here in Amsterdamn
with time on my hands
up in curling smoke go all my plans
'cause you know when you've been Amsterdamned
And she always leaves me Amsterdamned

they say there's a novel in everyone
well my one crashed and burned up in the sun
and i'll never know what i could become
with a fair wind and a little luck

here in Amsterdamn
with time on my hands
up in curling smoke go all my plans
'cause you know when you've been Amsterdamned
And she always leaves me Amsterdamned

Oldrottenhead

a cracker Tim, production levels are off the scale good, vocals crisp and clear. i do love a green monday. are you still using the MicroBr?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on June 04, 2018, 03:05:33 AMa cracker Tim, production levels are off the scale good, vocals crisp and clear. i do love a green monday. are you still using the MicroBr?

Hey! Yes, I should have said. All MBR. Including my beloved SQR TR trem patch.

Groundy

Top class as always Tim,
Great to hear you again...
Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Kenneth

Beautiful song, has a dreamlike quality to it. It's hard to believe the pro quality music you make is on an mbr. I guess that shows the quality musicians that you and others here are. Congrats!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Redler

Beautiful and relaxing song and it has a gentle summer breeze, imo! I have always admired your recording and production skills on Micro BR! The final result is so clear and dynamic.

Great songwriting and performance here as always. Thanks for adding the lyrics.

ps. SQR TR patch works well on your music!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Fab Tim.

I love the melancholic resigned feel to this song.

Great songwriting and arranging, it's your style throigh and through and fresh and new at the same time.

I'm amazed at your capability of delivering great tune after great tune.

Bravo my friend.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Mike_S

Fine song Tim. The production is spot on, each instrument is clear on my headphones. Lovely listen.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

A real fine song Tim and I dig the airiness of the total sound. A great bass line and vocal delivery. All I can is I'll be Amsterdamned, this is a good song!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ferryman_1957

Great to see a new Greeny song on the site (looks like there may be more than one....). I loved this one Tim, the lyrics are superb as always, anyone that can get "mournful windmills of the damned" in a lyric and make "amethyst" rhyme with "honeyed kiss" deserves some kind of award. The instrumentation is complex but not overwhelming, the piano in the chorus is really effective in creating a great hook. Love the guitar lead lines and the whole thing just hangs together beautifully. A real pleasure to listen to.

When I saw the title I was immediately reminded of John Cale's "Amsterdam" and although this is quite different, there is a bit of a feel of the "Vintage Violence" album to this one. If you don't know that album, you might enjoy it (it's a bit patchy but some great songs)