That was Then, This is Now

Started by SE, April 02, 2018, 04:46:32 PM

SE

That was Then, This Is Now
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another using the Br 80 and Gretsch electric used the bass and acoustic simulators, had the track for a while so hit the shed today added a little harmonica and came up with a vocal. vocals are still rough so apologies ::).
Just bought a Zoom R24 which is quite a learning curve, got a deal and was shipped from Hong Kong only thing was the manual is in Chinese ;D it,s been utube downloading the pdf, so hope to use it on the next tune, the drum sequencer is all new to me, the br 80 drums are so easy to use.
Well anyway hope the track is ok,

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

another belter John, everything about this is fabulous, the mix the arrangement but especially your vocal. brawtastic bro.

i need to come up to your shed some day.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

Another hit for me John,
Just love it.
Take your Manual down The Chippie, They'll put you right...
Well done.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Nice number, John! Very fine vocal melodies and good work on the backer, too. The chorus is catchy even on the first listening!

Congrats for the new recorder! Looking forward the first recording on it!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenneth

This is a nice warm sounding and great song. Amazing what you did with the br. I like your vocals too, and you say "rough", but I think they are great. Harmonica suits it nicely, congrats!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Ferryman_1957

I too like the "rough" vocals. They've got a real Tom Waits feel to them which is enhanced by the harmonica. Very nice track overall, the harmonica has a really interesting sound to it, almost like a harmonium or something like that. It adds a nice melodic edge to the track. Good work in the shed, and best of luck with the Zoom.

Mike_S

Track is great John... vocals are brilliant... song is fab though.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Tight song with a great hook. I too really like your vocal.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Farrell Jackson

An excellent song John with a chorus hook that catches my ear. Well done all around!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Jean Pierre

excellent and really impressive setting up ,instruments and voice,      hat!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo