Elizabeth Gallagher

Started by Gritter, March 15, 2018, 07:40:26 AM

Gritter

Elizabeth Gallagher
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello fellow Songcrafters,

It's been a while since I posted a new song, about four years! I haven't stopped playing or writing but technical issues with my Micro BR, change in jobs, playing with a band and just not being able to get anything decent to "tape" has kept me from finishing any recordings.

It's nice to have something to share after so long. After almost 4 years from riffing to writing to recording. Here's my latest song Elizabeth Gallagher. A song about a true story from 2014.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jordan-axani-finds-an-elizabeth-gallagher-for-free-trip-around-the-world-1.2875953

Ferryman_1957

Hi Sandy, good to hear something from you. I've also been away from music making for several years but I've just retired so am getting ready to produce some new stuff.

This was great to hear. Love the laid back groove and the bass work. The guitar work is very subtle and adds great accents to the song, with a nice solo just after 2 minutes. Clever idea for a song, and Elizabeth Gallagher is a real ear worm of a name. I'll be humming that for the rest of the day.  Keep them coming..... 

Farrell Jackson

A great song Gritter and a great topic for the lyric! I like the way you subtly build it up. The round about multiple voices and melodies at the outro are excellent. A good one!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hook

Look what the cat drug in. This is magic brother, so subtle and infectious.
rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

pjd1

You always come up with a class credible composition Sandy , well performed and recorded and worth the wait  . great stuff

Paul
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Mike_S

Yes a quirky story that one but it made for a very good song. I love restraint you use in the instrumentation, very very nice.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Welcome back, Sandy, we have missed you! Great song and story!

So well written and performed.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

So good to hear you again Sandy,
and what a great number to come back with.
Top class.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

cuthbert

Great to hear another from you Sandy - great backstory, and put to great use in your song.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

i heard this the other night, when you posted a link on facebook, just spotted it posted here too.

i thought it was fab on my first listen, this is now about my fourth listen and it is such a grower/keeper.

one for the piepod.

and it is great to see/hear you still writing and recording.

have missed you buddy.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann