Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

dasilvasings

Gritter, that's a portable studio you have there. And I bet the rizla papers are for writing down the microBR virtual tracks :-)
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

Quote from: dasilvasings on January 18, 2011, 08:43:24 AMGritter, that's a portable studio you have there. And I bet the rizla papers are for writing down the microBR virtual tracks :-)

No doubt.   :D  ;D  :D

Burtog

:P

I'm extremely jealous looking at some of these set-ups. Can't wait to get set up in my loft and have a go at some recording,.............imagine if money wasn't an issue, how fantastic would that be??
recorder
Boss BR-800

Greeny

This was 'hiding' in my previous pic... my psychedelic pimped bass... and a bottle of cider, lol

FuzzFace

Family picture

Back row, left to right:  Biddy*, Genvieve, Giselle, Winston
Middle row:  Tabourine, Ukelele (Louis), Yamaha DD-65 Digital Drum
Direct front:  Super Octave, Metal Zone, Micro BR, Capo, Slide, Jack Daniels

Absent from photo:  Manon, whom I sold to pay my rent

*"Biddy" is the girl in Great Expectations with whom Pip would have ended up had he not been obsessed with Estella.  I named this guitar Biddy because I know there is another electric guitar that will be my Estella.

Greeny

A fine collection of guitars, and I liked how you've named them. Adds personality!

My first guitar ever was called Lady Jane (it was grey, lol). I haven't named one since then, but you've made me think about it now...

FuzzFace

Quote from: Greeny on January 25, 2011, 08:35:13 AMA fine collection of guitars

I think I can get every sound that I want with what I have.
I don't like the clean sound on my electric, but I can get a good clean sound by plugging in my acoustic and using MBR effects.

But something is impelling me to add a new member anyway.

It's more for inspiration.

Quote from: Greeny on January 25, 2011, 08:35:13 AMMy first guitar ever was called Lady Jane (it was grey, lol)

A grey guitar... that reminds me of Counting Crows lyrics:

I felt so symbolic yesterday
If I knew Picasso
I would buy myself a gray guitar and play

FuzzFace

Quote from: Gritter on November 20, 2009, 04:32:40 PMIt's actually a Big Baby Taylor. 15/16 size. I love it...it's light, the neck is sweet and it's got that rustic, junkyard sound. It was the sound I was looking for - when I played it in the shop I just had to have it.

I thought the Big Baby had the best sound by far for that price range and even the next price range.  It packs a punch, and it's apartment-size!  Ha ha...

Gritter, it appears we have two of the same guitars.

dasilvasings

Here we go!

You can see my 4 triple string Portuguese mandolin (don't ask me why is it Portuguese! perhaps the tuning pegs or the pear shaped body?); the tuning is supposed to be the same as other mandolins, but I tuned as an ukulele. Then there's my sweet fender jazz bass 75 (this is a 2000s remake), and my only electric guitar, also a 2000s remake danelectro 63. Against the wall is my former wife. I fell in love with her because of the voluptuous shape of her body, but her voice always turned me off so we broke up some 10 years ago. I still have her around, I'm gaining courage to through her off a cliff.
On the top of the kurzweil digital piano, there's a cheap Thomann's ukulele, and a cavaquinho. The cavaquinho is the grandfather of the ukulele. The main differences is the steel strings and tuning (usually the cavaquinho is tuned GGBD). You probably don't see it but the microBR is over the piano lid.

Here are my synths: a microkorg, a korg monotron, and a casio VL-tone (quite envied at this site, ehehehe).

Finally, a António Carvalho classical guitar, and a bunch of cheap behringer pedals (bass limiter/ enhancer, a BassAmpSim/DI, chorus, tremolo, rotary and a multieffect (flanger/ delay/ others). Oh! And there's a xaphoon too, but I play it awfully!

Well that's almost it! I also have a Thomann's drum pad, 2 harmonicas (C and F), a kazoo and a fun-tastic nose-flute!

In my parent's home, I still have a trumpet (I can't play it at all!) and a organ/ synth Yamaha DJXII.

The only thing I lack is talent! And time!

recorder
Boss Micro BR