I'm going doooooooown ! (original by Geir & Ferryman)

Started by Geir, May 13, 2009, 02:22:57 AM

Geir

I'm going down
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Nigel created this great funky backer !!!!!!
https://songcrafters.org/community/post-your-mp3-collaborations-only/funkyish-twelve-bar-bass-and-drums/0/

Couldn't sleep last night .... this is what came out of that ....

Inspired by the purpose of old Norwegian fairytales that has few fairies and lots of trolls and hulders  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huldra .

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

nigel is gonna love this, brilliant geir, your vox reminds me of can round about their landed albums
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Hulders eh? I've never met a woman with a tail, but I know a few sailors who have!

Nice track.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

I DO LOVE IT!!! Geir, this is incredible! I love the squeaky guitar bits and the spooky mix. Nice guitar playing as well, you got some great blues licks in there. And as for the subject matter, just great!! Love the way the guitar trails off at the end.

I think I want to meet one of those hulders but I'd probably end up one of the dead ones rather than getting a nice reward.....

Cheers,

Nigel

PS it is a bit reminiscent of Can and Landed, although not quite rocky enough for that album. Landed is my fave Can album, altho many don't like it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Let me add, the really clever thing about this is that it doesn't sound like a 12 bar. There's a very conventional 12 bar under this but you've created something with a very different feel, even though there's some lovely bluesy guitar in there. Very cool!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Funky, cool, catchy, quirkey..............

Absolutely Brilliant! 8)

I agree with Nigel.....

You've turned a "conventional" technique into something extraordinary.

Peace G

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

The Reverend 48

Geir this is Great I love it 8)
I agree there is some very tasty guitar in there....
What effects and guitar are you on cos its a real cutting sound 8)

Greeny

:o  incredible riffing, licks and tone! This is a little masterpiece - and huge credit to Nigel for the fantastic backer. I like the quirky funk-but-not-funk feel. It's kinda like Talking Heads, who can take standard patterns and styles and move them in warped but brilliant new directions. Fantastic work. And as for that guitar... wow!

Geir

Thanx all of you! It's the really great backer that made it possible.

I've checked out some Can on the tube now and see what you mean ORH and Nigel. Do you know if "Landed" still is available?

Nigel, really glad you liked it 'cause I didn't wanna screw up this great backer! Patch used for Lead is "41 Thunnk!" tweaked so the delay matched the 95bpm of the song. For rhythm I think I used "30 Texas ST"  for the lead vocals I recorded with ONBOARD and bouncing to two tracks using a tweaked moonage patch for one (amp and spkr OFF) and "mastering" the other with dancecomp, panned those two full L/R. Backing vox (".. going doooown") was just the onboard patch and LOTS of hall reverb ( 8 sec, 70%).

Ahh yes .... the guitar is my Ibanez UV-777 7-string, a real pleasure to play!!!

cheers
Geir
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Wow, this is some rockin' blues!! Case of the scrapes, great lead and can't believe how you got those background vox to come out.

The backing track worked great /w this!

Maybe you won't be able to sleep again sometime!! :D 8) ;D

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List