I'm going doooooooown ! (original by Geir & Ferryman)

Started by Geir, May 13, 2009, 02:22:57 AM

Bluesberry

Spooky blues for sure.  Nice one.  Sounds like you had a lot of fun making this one.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Ooh, I'd forgotten that track was on the album. Good spot, there is some similarity,

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bro

Funky, great played and cool tension!

What more is there for a man to ask?

Great job Geir!!!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Satchwood

Excellent tune came out of this Geir!  Great job!  Very polished sounding!

I also did a rendition using this awesome backer by Nigel - it's in the collaboration area....warning....it's not nearly as smooth and polished as your version....in fact your head may explode listening to it  8)
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

listening to this again this is brilliant guys its brilliant, you should form a band,  and using the power of anagrams nigel and geir becomes "G.I. lingere" you know it makes sense
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 13, 2009, 01:56:04 PMlistening to this again this is brilliant guys its brilliant, you should form a band,  and using the power of anagrams nigel and geir becomes "G.I. lingere" you know it makes sense
LOL ... ok, if Tim does the cover art with you as a model   ::)  ;D L ;D O ;D L ;D  8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Jim1970

Cool tune, you Got the Joe Satriani tone going, I love it!!!!
awesome playing!!!!

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

Thanks Geir dont' know how I missed this.  Yes I do. So many posts to try and keep up with. And now that summer is coming  so Busy.!! I don't know which is my favorite you are both great.

Geir

Quote from: launched on May 13, 2009, 05:51:18 AMWow, this is some rockin' blues!! Case of the scrapes, great lead and can't believe how you got those background vox to come out.
Sorry I forgot to answer this one: The vox on this one was all recorded in my car. Parked at a bus-stop as far away from nearby houses as possible ... and screamed my lungs out  ;D only did 6-10 "I'm going down"'s and did som copying to get a dual backing-vox always keeping two separate takes side by side, hard panning L/R and lots of reverb!!

"Case of the scrapes"  ?? afraid my vocabulary doesn't cover that phrase  :-\ 8)

BTW Thanx Nigel for letting me put this on my soundclick page!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/Elph
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........