Nasties on PC!!

Started by StevieM, May 12, 2009, 02:06:03 PM

StevieM

Had to have the techie guy in yesterday 'cos main PC's been doing all sorts of weird things lately, mostly fixed now ( for a while, anyway, I hope).

I've got a really good Anti-Nasty programme, but it looks like some still got through somehow :o  He ran a search and destroy prog that seems pretty good. It can be downloaded, and FREE!!!! ;D.
It takes a while to do a full scan, but quick scan is-----Er----Quick.

Even if you've got Spybot or something similar, it's worth giving this a try-----
www.malwarebytes.org
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Flash Harry

I've used this. Some nasties recognise it and you have to rename the installer to get it to load. Then you have to rename the program to get it to run, but it does the job. It even gets the SchmitFraud malware, you know the one that tells you that your machine is infected all the time and iritates the hell out of you til you pay them $60 for them to take it back off.

Now don't get me started.......
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

StevieM

Oh, go on, get started ;D I might even join in!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

64Guitars

I use ubuntu linux. What is this malware and nasties you speak of?   ;)

Seriously folks, if you're fed up with Microsoft's crap, give ubuntu a try. You'll love it! And it's absolutely free, as are the many excellent programs available for it. Check out some of the audio programs available:

http://sound.condorow.net/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 12, 2009, 10:29:09 PMI use ubuntu linux. What is this malware and nasties you speak of?   ;)

Sorry 64, I threw my sandals away. My days of UNIX are over. I won't even get a Mac.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

guitarron

non-windows
scary
xp works pretty good for me

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

Thanks, I'm having some malware problems right now. Hopefully this helps me out!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Jonesy

I use Ubuntu too!  I'd had enough of Windows and Ubuntu's completely free, doesn't get viruses because they're all targeted at M$ Windows and it's shiny in all the right places.  It's not scary either!
"If love is the light, shine a little light down on me..."

Greeny

Ubuntu... sounds like the name of a planet on Star Trek  :D

launched

I've been using Debian since '98 (Ubuntu's Daddy), but never for a workstation.

Are the X Windows apps getting that good now - I stopped using that stuff years ago because it was such a pain in the ass and you had to spend hours on the config files just to get it to run right. Oh, and don't get me started on printing with StarOffice!! (When they were still with Sun)

On the other hand, if you mention Xen, PostGres, Apache, Sendmail, OpenVPN, etc. I'll talk your ear off!! :D I use that stuff daily....

But in the end I just want things to work - I started with that stuff because it was free, not because I hated Microsnot.

Maybe it's time to look again - I was thinking about putting together a DAW - Any suggestions?

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover